West Allis - The rebuilding project for the West Allis Hale boys basketball team will continue with a new coach next season.
Kenny Bosch, the coach for the past two seasons, will not be back for the 2012-13 campaign. His contract was not renewed by the school last week.
The search for his replacement has already begun, said Hale athletic administrator Elliott Kramsky.
Bosch's first team won one game, a 61-31 triumph over Cudahy on Feb. 8, 2011, but it was a notable one. The victory broke a 61-game losing streak by the Huskies dating back to 2008.
In 2011-12, Hale improved to 5-18, beating five non-conference foes and winning its own holiday tournament.
"I am proud of the progress we made in my short time here," Bosch said. "This season, we had our best record in five years and our third-best scoring average in the past 10 years. We had three players earn all-Greater Metro Conference honors.
"The guys went from feeling doubt to expecting to win, and I am happy to be a part of that. Also, we had good opportunities off the court for team bonding."
- John Rech
- Football coaches react to suspension of West Allis Central-West Allis Hale rivalry (1)
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- Sport Shorts: April 21, 2016
- West Allis Hale's Miller earns a pair of seconds at home Mondo Invitational
- Sports Notes: April 21, 2016
- West Allis Hale boys golf squad opens season with victory at New Berlin West Quadrangular
- Sport Shorts: April 14, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 14, 2016
- Whitnall's Bauer outduels Greenfield's Matthias in 1-0 softball victory