Hale hires football coach
Sean Hegarty hopes to continue building on predecessor's work
West Allis — Sean Hegarty believes that Scott Otto laid a solid winning foundation for West Allis Hale football, and now it is his job to build upon that.
Hegarty, 35, is the new Hale head football coach and is looking forward to the challenge of helping the Huskies continue their success of recent years. Otto enjoyed four winning seasons in his tenure before moving on to Greenfield High School last November.
"This is a great situation," Hegarty said of Hale. "I've met some positive parents and athletes and received a lot of good feedback. Scott Otto did a fantastic job of helping this program turn the corner. He resurrected the program, and now it is my turn to take this resurrected program to the next level."
Hegarty has been coaching at New Berlin West High School since 1999, most recently as the team's offensive coordinator from 2003-09.
When West head coach Jeff Grabo resigned late last year, Hegarty found himself without a coaching position and applied at Hale, where he caught the eye of athletic director Steve Seston.
"Sean is ready to take the program to the next level as a leader, mentor and technician," Seston said.
A more detailed profile of Hegarty will appear in the May 6 issue of NOW Newspapers.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oak Creek's big rally knocks West Allis Hale out of baseball playoffs
- Mials McMurray, West Allis Hale pull away from Bulldogs in regional
- Baseball: Oak Creek baseball team rallies big
- Baseball: Hale breaks spell with four-run sixth to top West Allis Central
- Hale baseball team downs Central to pull out GMC tournament victory
- Central baseball team wins two, breaks into double digits in victories
- Muskego Hitmen semipro football team opens home season July 19
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh
- Late rally propels West Allis Hale baseball team past Franklin, 5-4
- Central baseball team reaches goal, qualifies for main GMC tournament