After trouncing Milwaukee Riverside, 6-1, in a nonconference dual meet April 22, the combined team gave powerful Brookfield East a couple of battles in a 7-0 loss on April 23.
Singles winners against Riverside were John Jackson at the first spot, 6-2, 6-1; Polo Rocha at second, 6-1, 6-4 and Scott Balistrieri at fourth, 7-6 (7-5), 6-2.
Doubles winners were Tyler Zajdel and Ben Reuteler at first, 6-3, 6-3; J.J. Saugstad and Mike Boey at second, 6-3, 4-6, (13-11); and Steve Beshensky and Matt Kalmunson at third, 6-0, 6-0.
Against East, Rocha dropped a tough 6-4, 6-7 (5-7), 6-2 decision and Ryan Pederson fell at third singles, 2-6, 6-3, 6-4.
"We were competitive, especially on the singles side," coach Jesse Chen said. "Those three-setters were close, back-and-forth matches. I was proud of the way our guys battled."
West Allis will visit Delavan-Darien for a doubles tournament Saturday, May 2.
The Hustlin' Hawks dropped a 6-1 dual-meet decision to Whitnall on April 23 in their only action from last week.
The first doubles team of Brad Jacobsen and Cody Murri provided the only victory with a 7-5, 6-4 triumph.
The Hawks slipped to 0-2 in Woodland Conference duals and 1-4 overall. They will play in the Martin Luther Invitational on Friday and Saturday, May 1 and 2.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Alex Dundas won both of his matches at No. 1 singles as Whitnall beat New Berlin Eisenhower, 4-3, April 22 and Greenfield, 6-1, April 23, in Woodland Conference duals.
Andy Krawczyk won in three sets at No. 2 singles and Kevin Stachowiak in two sets at No. 3. Ian Dupont And Adam Schepker clinched the match with a two-set victory at No. 2 doubles.
- Jerry Karpowicz,
- West Allis Central freshman pitchers offer Bulldogs hope for future seasons
- Kling pitches two-hitter as West Allis Hale baseball team downs Whitnall in regional
- West Allis Hale baseball team mired in losing string in GMC Tourney
- Lack of clutch hitting, mistakes hurt West Allis Central baseball team in four defeats
- Whitnall baseball team sweeps Shorewood, loses to Eisenhower in Woodland Conference
- West Allis Central baseball team rallies past Nicolet for second victory of season
- Struggling West Allis Hale baseball team victimized by opposition's big innings
- Sports Notes: June 30, 2016
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016