West Allis Central
Bobby Gnatzig earned two places for the Bulldogs in the Nelson-Daniels Invitational on March 21 at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater.
Gnatzig placed fourth in the high jump with six feet and sixth in the long jump with 20-feet-5 1/4 inches.
Ryan Straus claimed ninth in the 800 (2 minutes, 10.18 seconds) and Dan Diebitz 11th in the pole vault (10-6).
Ryan Barwick seized 12th in the high jump (5-6) and Alex Nesbitt 13th in the triple jump (38-1 1/2 ). Miguel Diaz finished 19th in the triple jump (37-4 3/4 ).
Central also placed eighth in the 3,200 relay (8:54.9).
The Bulldogs tallied nine points to tie for 18th in the 27-team meet, which was won by Hartland Arrowhead (66).
The Bulldogs won a home triangular meet on March 17 with 71 points, beating Whitnall and Wauwatosa East. Gnatzig won the high jump and long jump.
"This should be a rebuilding year after losing a lot of seniors," coach Dale Lindenberg said. "We have just 11 seniors and a lot of juniors and sophomores."
The Hustlin' Hawks tallied 12 points in the season-opening New Berlin West Quadrangular on March 17.
Dominique Gray claimed second place in the 1,600 run with 5 minutes, 30.5 seconds for the Hawks' highest spot.
Richard Kusisto placed third in the 55 dash (7.34 seconds), and fourths were taken by Ryan Manzuk in the 400 dash (1:02.19) and William Sura in the shot put (36 feet-10 inches).
Dan Schaff snared fifth in the 55 dash (7.53) to round out Greenfield's scoring.
The Hawks also took part in the Nelson-Daniels Classic on March 21 at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater, but did not score.
Kevin Hanneken earned the highest spots, finishing 17th in the long jump (18-8 1/2 ) and 19th in the 400 (55.89).
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video, photos: Skateboarding in West Allis
- West Allis Central graduate inducted into Wisconsin, Indiana swimming halls of fame
- Sports Notes: July 30, 2015
- Strong offensive attack paces competitive West Allis Hale baseball team
- West Allis Hale's McMurray outduels West's Fritz in regional
- West Allis Central falls short of Cudahy in regional championship
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Miscues hurt West Allis Hale baseball team in Greater Metro Conference title game
- West Allis Hale baseball team makes Greater Metro Conference Tournament run