A total of 10 West Allis Hale football players signed college letters of intent several weeks ago.
Inside linebacker Brian Otto signed with the University of North Dakota, a Division-I program in Grand Forks, N.D. Otto led the Huskies in tackles with 63 solos and 40 assists, plus six sacks and 11 tackles for losses.
"Just the way he plays the game, his work ethic and the way he goes after things is really what first interested us in him," North Dakota coach Rod Carey said. "We expect big things from him in the Fighting Sioux uniform. He fits exactly what we've had at linebacker, the great tradition of it. We think he's going to carry the torch really well."
Outside linebacker Kyle Hahn will play for Southwest Minnesota State in Marshall, Minn., a Division-II school.
Division-III signees are quarterback Tommy Koch with Austin College in Sherman, Texas; defensive back Danny Wall and wide receiver Cory Pallen with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, offensive lineman Alex Schumitsch and fullback Donny Nowak with UW-Oshkosh, running back Peter Vo with UW-River Falls and outside linebacker Thomas Ayling with UW-Platteville and tight end James Ali-Carr, with the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Central picks up easy victory in first football game
- West Allis Bowmen to hold annual archery safari shoot this weekend
- Defense boosts West Allis Hale football team past Badger in opener
- West Allis Central football team hopes for fresh start in 2014
- Veteran corps giving West Allis Hale football team reason for optimism
- West Allis Nighthawks find their offense, claim series championship
- West Allis Nighthawks tune up for Eastern Lakes playoffs with victory
- West Allis Central baseball squad made some strides in 2014 season
- West Allis Nighthawks get split, share Lakes East lead with New Berlin
- Oak Creek's big rally knocks West Allis Hale out of baseball playoffs