A total of 10 West Allis Hale football players signed college letters of intent several weeks ago.
Inside linebacker Brian Otto signed with the University of North Dakota, a Division-I program in Grand Forks, N.D. Otto led the Huskies in tackles with 63 solos and 40 assists, plus six sacks and 11 tackles for losses.
"Just the way he plays the game, his work ethic and the way he goes after things is really what first interested us in him," North Dakota coach Rod Carey said. "We expect big things from him in the Fighting Sioux uniform. He fits exactly what we've had at linebacker, the great tradition of it. We think he's going to carry the torch really well."
Outside linebacker Kyle Hahn will play for Southwest Minnesota State in Marshall, Minn., a Division-II school.
Division-III signees are quarterback Tommy Koch with Austin College in Sherman, Texas; defensive back Danny Wall and wide receiver Cory Pallen with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, offensive lineman Alex Schumitsch and fullback Donny Nowak with UW-Oshkosh, running back Peter Vo with UW-River Falls and outside linebacker Thomas Ayling with UW-Platteville and tight end James Ali-Carr, with the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video, photos: Skateboarding in West Allis
- West Allis Central graduate inducted into Wisconsin, Indiana swimming halls of fame
- Sports Notes: July 30, 2015
- Strong offensive attack paces competitive West Allis Hale baseball team
- West Allis Hale's McMurray outduels West's Fritz in regional
- West Allis Central falls short of Cudahy in regional championship
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Miscues hurt West Allis Hale baseball team in Greater Metro Conference title game
- West Allis Hale baseball team makes Greater Metro Conference Tournament run