A total of 10 West Allis Hale football players signed college letters of intent several weeks ago.
Inside linebacker Brian Otto signed with the University of North Dakota, a Division-I program in Grand Forks, N.D. Otto led the Huskies in tackles with 63 solos and 40 assists, plus six sacks and 11 tackles for losses.
"Just the way he plays the game, his work ethic and the way he goes after things is really what first interested us in him," North Dakota coach Rod Carey said. "We expect big things from him in the Fighting Sioux uniform. He fits exactly what we've had at linebacker, the great tradition of it. We think he's going to carry the torch really well."
Outside linebacker Kyle Hahn will play for Southwest Minnesota State in Marshall, Minn., a Division-II school.
Division-III signees are quarterback Tommy Koch with Austin College in Sherman, Texas; defensive back Danny Wall and wide receiver Cory Pallen with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, offensive lineman Alex Schumitsch and fullback Donny Nowak with UW-Oshkosh, running back Peter Vo with UW-River Falls and outside linebacker Thomas Ayling with UW-Platteville and tight end James Ali-Carr, with the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale boys basketball team boasts strong shooting, athleticism in 2015-16
- Depth promises to be a strength for West Allis Central boys basketball team
- Poor shooting hurts West Allis Hale girls basketball team in loss to Nicolet
- Lee, Conroy lead West Allis Central girls basketball squad
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Greenfield, Whitnall football teams make big strides in coaches' second seasons
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team looking for winning season
- Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick sets school record at state swimming meet
- Boys soccer: West Allis Hale's Sykes, Mesich named Greater Metro first-team in soccer (1)
- Girls swimming: West Allis diver Maggie Pomerenke qualifies for state swimming meet