A total of 10 West Allis Hale football players signed college letters of intent several weeks ago.
Inside linebacker Brian Otto signed with the University of North Dakota, a Division-I program in Grand Forks, N.D. Otto led the Huskies in tackles with 63 solos and 40 assists, plus six sacks and 11 tackles for losses.
"Just the way he plays the game, his work ethic and the way he goes after things is really what first interested us in him," North Dakota coach Rod Carey said. "We expect big things from him in the Fighting Sioux uniform. He fits exactly what we've had at linebacker, the great tradition of it. We think he's going to carry the torch really well."
Outside linebacker Kyle Hahn will play for Southwest Minnesota State in Marshall, Minn., a Division-II school.
Division-III signees are quarterback Tommy Koch with Austin College in Sherman, Texas; defensive back Danny Wall and wide receiver Cory Pallen with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, offensive lineman Alex Schumitsch and fullback Donny Nowak with UW-Oshkosh, running back Peter Vo with UW-River Falls and outside linebacker Thomas Ayling with UW-Platteville and tight end James Ali-Carr, with the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: May 28, 2015
- West Allis Central's Schultz captures shot put crown in Greater Metro Conference Outdoor
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- West Allis Central's Criswell, Hunter both win two events at West Allis Hale Invitational
- West Allis Hale's Tomlin, Central's Schultz, Whitnall's Bickerstaff all win at Hale
- Whitnall boys golf team captures first in Woodland Conference East Division standings
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- West Allis Hale boys track team wins six events, team championship at New Berlin West
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- West Allis Central boys track team secures third at Wauwatosa Invitational