A total of 10 West Allis Hale football players signed college letters of intent several weeks ago.
Inside linebacker Brian Otto signed with the University of North Dakota, a Division-I program in Grand Forks, N.D. Otto led the Huskies in tackles with 63 solos and 40 assists, plus six sacks and 11 tackles for losses.
"Just the way he plays the game, his work ethic and the way he goes after things is really what first interested us in him," North Dakota coach Rod Carey said. "We expect big things from him in the Fighting Sioux uniform. He fits exactly what we've had at linebacker, the great tradition of it. We think he's going to carry the torch really well."
Outside linebacker Kyle Hahn will play for Southwest Minnesota State in Marshall, Minn., a Division-II school.
Division-III signees are quarterback Tommy Koch with Austin College in Sherman, Texas; defensive back Danny Wall and wide receiver Cory Pallen with the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point, offensive lineman Alex Schumitsch and fullback Donny Nowak with UW-Oshkosh, running back Peter Vo with UW-River Falls and outside linebacker Thomas Ayling with UW-Platteville and tight end James Ali-Carr, with the North Dakota State College of Science in Wahpeton, N.D.
- John Rech, Staff Writer
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale's Ron Kurtz crosses finish line of coaching career
- Losses continue for competitive West Allis Central baseball team
- Long before NBA draft, Looney leaves impression on West Allis Central coach
- West Allis Hale baseball team starts poorly but finishes week strongly
- West Allis Hale makes move up Greater Metro Conference ladder with three victories
- West Allis Nighthawks break loose on offense, hammer Grafton
- Greenfield baseball team blanks Pius XI 1-0 in contest at Miller Park
- West Allis Hale's Scherer claims medal in pole vault at state track meet
- Sport Shorts: June 4, 2015
- Criswell paces West Allis Central boys state track contingent