The West Allis Wolves select teams are offering baseball and fastpitch softball programs for youth in grades three through eight.
The Wolves started three years ago through the West Allis-West Milwaukee Recreation Department with the assistance of Neal Crawley, a former bullpen catcher for the Milwaukee Brewers.
The Wolves are run through the city, so they are nonprofit and work solely on private donations and fees paid by parents.
With the help of volunteer coaches, the teams have experienced some success. The eighth-grade Wolves won the 2014 Badger Spring Classic Tournament, and the Lady Wolves U-10 black squad took second place at the Mukwonago Tournament.
The fourth-grade team is hoping to play in a week-long tournament at Cooperstown, New York, in two years.
For more information, contact Paul Reed at email@example.com or (414) 581-3228, or visit the website, WestAllisWolves.com.
- Whitnall, Nathan Hale, West Allis Central and Greenfield High School Sport Shorts: May 26
- West Allis Sports Notes: May 26
- West Allis Central softball team posts two shutout victories in regular season's final week
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- West Allis Hale track, field invitational falls victim to timing errors
- Sport Shorts: May 12, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 12, 2016
- West Allis Hale boys track and field team claims New Berlin West Invite crown
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016