Hale baseball team topples Sussex Hamilton with balanced attack
Huskies win game, then fall to powers
Sam Michalski pitched a strong game, and a number of West Allis Hale hitters contributed, as the Huskies topped Sussex Hamilton 7-4 on June 9.
Michalski worked the full seven innings, allowing five hits and striking out three hitters.
He was supported by an 11-hit attack. Jason Palesse went 3-for-5 and scored two runs, while Joe Jo Breznik was 2-for-2 and drove in a pair of runs.
Also bringing in runs were Mason Ross, Mials McMurray, Alex Elliott and Tyler Milliken.
The Huskies, though, did not win for the rest of the week, falling victim to weather as well as Oak Creek and Marquette.
Their scheduled game against Franklin at Belich Field on June 12 was postponed by wet grounds and was to be made up on Wednesday, June 18, weather permitting.
The Huskies ran into Greater Metro Conference leader Oak Creek on June 10 and fell 7-0.
Pitchers McMurray and Breznik combined to allow the Knights 12 hits, and Hale could not create much offense.
The going was even tougher against Marquette in a 10-0 loss on June 13. The Huskies could not do much against starting pitcher Parker Sniatynski and committed five errors in the contest.
Marquette jumped ahead 4-0, and then ended the game early with six runs in the bottom of the fifth inning.
Hale came into this week at 5-3 in the GMC and 6-7 overall. The Huskies will hope for better results this week, as they are scheduled to play seven games.
They were slated to meet Wauwatosa East, Menomonee Falls and Franklin earlier this week, and they will take on West Allis Central at Belich Field at 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 19. They downed the Bulldogs 7-2 in an earlier meeting.
They visit Brookfield East at 5:30 p.m. Friday, June 20, and then take part in a wood bat tournament at South Milwaukee and Sheridan Park on Saturday, June 21.
They travel to Brookfield Central at 5:30 p.m. Monday, June 23, and welcome Sussex Hamilton at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, June 24.
-- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: March 5, 2015
- West Allis Central's Tyus White claims second place at WIAA state wrestling meet
- Girls basketball: West Allis Hale girls hold off late Greenfield rally, win WIAA regional contest
- West Allis Central girls thwarted by tenacious Franklin defense in playoff game
- Girls basketball: Oak Creek girls use stifling defense to top West Allis Hale in regional title contest
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 26, 2015
- West Allis Central advances five wrestlers to WIAA Division 1 state tournament
- Greenfield girls basketball team breaks .500 barrier for first time in eight years
- West Allis Hale holds diabetes awareness night at basketball game
- Sport Shorts: Feb. 19, 2015