West Allis Hale's Aaron Cronin captures discus crown at Lutheran
Nicole Flagge matches best pole vault for season for girls
Aaron Cronin of West Allis Hale snared the championship in the discus with 144 feet-10 inches at the April 26 Wisconsin Lutheran Viking Invitational.
Cronin's crown was the highlight of the meet for the Huskies, who tallied 27 points for 13th place in the 18-team event, which was won by Wisconsin Lutheran at 103 points.
He also captured third in the shot put with 45 feet-71/2 inches.
The Hale girls were also at the meet, and Nicole Flagge led them with third place in the pole vault with 8-6, which matched her season best in the event.
Madison Mihaljevic took fourth for the girls in the 3,200-meter run at a season-best 12 minutes, 42.72 seconds.
"They were two great finishers at the invitational," girls head coach Kristi Hall said.
The girls team finished 14th in the meet with 11 points. Divine Savior Holy Angels won the meet with 95 points.
Taking fourth for the Hale boys were Jeff Schubert in the 400-meter dash (52.88 seconds) and Joey Werner in the 300 hurdles (42.69).
The boys 4x400 relay team of Werner, Schubert, Alexander Sykes and Mitchell Larson came in eighth (3:42.43) to close out the top eight places for the Huskies.
The Hale boys are next at the Waukesha North Invitational at 8:30 a.m. Saturday, May 3, while the girls return to Wisconsin Lutheran for another meet at 4:15 p.m. Friday, May 2.
Both teams then travel to Quad Park for the Greater Metro Conference Relays at 2:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 7.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale boys basketball team boasts strong shooting, athleticism in 2015-16
- Depth promises to be a strength for West Allis Central boys basketball team
- Poor shooting hurts West Allis Hale girls basketball team in loss to Nicolet
- Lee, Conroy lead West Allis Central girls basketball squad
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Greenfield, Whitnall football teams make big strides in coaches' second seasons
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team looking for winning season
- Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick sets school record at state swimming meet
- Boys soccer: West Allis Hale's Sykes, Mesich named Greater Metro first-team in soccer (1)
- Girls swimming: West Allis diver Maggie Pomerenke qualifies for state swimming meet