West Allis Central, Hale track and field teams do well in relays
Bulldogs, Huskies combine for three firsts
Throughout the Jim Reinhard Dog Relays on Friday, the West Allis Central and Hale girls track and field teams battled for second place.
The Bulldogs claimed that spot, scoring 65 points to the Huskies' 63.
Elkhorn won the meet with 80 points.
Hale notched a pair of first places: the 4x800-meter relay in 11 minutes, 26.6 seconds and the distance medley with 14:28.09.
The Bulldogs won the individual 1,600 run with Katherine Wardinski finishing in 6:16.86 and the 55-meter high hurdles with Adaja Crossley, Dana Batchelor and Coral Davis.
Taking second for Central were the 3x160 weight relay (1:22.56), the 4x160 relay (1:33.95), the 4x240 relay (2:28.73), the long jump team of Shakira Cruz, Alexandra Jonas and Anastasia Lyons and the shot put group of Ella Schultz, Megan Turner and Gabby Coto-Valentin. Schultz had the top individual effort of 34 feet-7 inches.
Finishing second for Hale were the 55 low hurdles unit of Melaine Ziolecki, Melanie Freet and Marlea Mastropolo, with Ziolecki posting the best time of 9.93 seconds; and the triple jump squad of Michelle Nicholas, Amber Allen and Freet.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale boys basketball team boasts strong shooting, athleticism in 2015-16
- Depth promises to be a strength for West Allis Central boys basketball team
- Poor shooting hurts West Allis Hale girls basketball team in loss to Nicolet
- Lee, Conroy lead West Allis Central girls basketball squad
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Greenfield, Whitnall football teams make big strides in coaches' second seasons
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team looking for winning season
- Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick sets school record at state swimming meet
- Boys soccer: West Allis Hale's Sykes, Mesich named Greater Metro first-team in soccer (1)
- Girls swimming: West Allis diver Maggie Pomerenke qualifies for state swimming meet