West Allis Central, Hale track and field teams do well in relays
Bulldogs, Huskies combine for three firsts
Throughout the Jim Reinhard Dog Relays on Friday, the West Allis Central and Hale girls track and field teams battled for second place.
The Bulldogs claimed that spot, scoring 65 points to the Huskies' 63.
Elkhorn won the meet with 80 points.
Hale notched a pair of first places: the 4x800-meter relay in 11 minutes, 26.6 seconds and the distance medley with 14:28.09.
The Bulldogs won the individual 1,600 run with Katherine Wardinski finishing in 6:16.86 and the 55-meter high hurdles with Adaja Crossley, Dana Batchelor and Coral Davis.
Taking second for Central were the 3x160 weight relay (1:22.56), the 4x160 relay (1:33.95), the 4x240 relay (2:28.73), the long jump team of Shakira Cruz, Alexandra Jonas and Anastasia Lyons and the shot put group of Ella Schultz, Megan Turner and Gabby Coto-Valentin. Schultz had the top individual effort of 34 feet-7 inches.
Finishing second for Hale were the 55 low hurdles unit of Melaine Ziolecki, Melanie Freet and Marlea Mastropolo, with Ziolecki posting the best time of 9.93 seconds; and the triple jump squad of Michelle Nicholas, Amber Allen and Freet.
— John Rech
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016
- Greenfield boys golf team takes 12th to lead local contingent at Greendale Invite
- Sports Notes: May 5, 2016
- Football coaches react to suspension of West Allis Central-West Allis Hale rivalry (1)
- Sport Shorts: April 28, 2016
- Sports Notes: April 28, 2016
- Sport Shorts: April 21, 2016
- West Allis Hale's Miller earns a pair of seconds at home Mondo Invitational
- Sports Notes: April 21, 2016
- West Allis Hale boys golf squad opens season with victory at New Berlin West Quadrangular