Brookfield Central's LaChance ties single-game conference scoring mark
Lancers crush West Allis Central again, 81-53
Riley LaChance tied Brookfield Central's singlegame conference scoring record, scoring 44 points in a 81-53 victory over West Allis Central on Thursday at Brookfield Central.
The Lancers finished 14-0 in the Greater Metro Conference and 22-0 overall, by defeating the second-place Bulldogs(11-3, 18-4) for the second time in six days, this time without all-star Elijah Goodman, who sat out with a bad back.
The Lancers led 25-21 after one quarter and 36-31 at halftime, as LaChance had 16 of his 44 points at intermission. He tied the Lancers single game conference mark set by Charlie Jack in 1965.
The Lancers blew the game open and took a 57-42 advantage after a 21-11 third quarter.
Ron Turkvan and Juquan Martin led WAC with 16 points, while LaChance had 44 points on 5 3-pointers and 9-for-11 from the free throw line. Brad Newman added 19, including 8-for-8 from the FT line.
LaChance had 28 points in the second half, tying the record on a 3-point shot with 2:38 to play.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: April 23, 2015
- Whitnall boys relay teams run to first at Milwaukee Pulaski meet
- West Allis Central boys basketball team overcomes inconsistency to make run to state
- West Allis Hale, West Allis Central boys make upper division in Greater Metro Conference Indoor
- Brandon Key helps unlock West Allis Central boys' basketball potential
- Sam Schuh spurs improvement of West Allis Hale girls basketball team
- Sport Shorts: April 2, 2015
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team celebrates steady improvement in 2014-15
- West Allis Central, Hale finish one-two in Bulldog relays
- West Allis Hale girls track and field team snares third place at Reinhard Relays