Morgan Ziolecki and Cierra DuFay completed their diving seasons for West Allis with solid performances in a WIAA Division 1 sectional meet on Saturday.
Ziolecki tallied 288.7 points for ninth place, while DuFay came in 10th with a personal-best 283.6 points.
"They went up against some very tough competition," diving coach Sandy Sikich said. "Cierra ended her diving career on a high note."
All three West Allis relay teams finished 12th, with the 200-yard medley unit of Erin Applegate, Cortney Wery, Brianna Kulas and Tara Kelley swimming 2 minutes, 16.99 seconds; the 200 freestyle group of Nikki Pegarsch, Wery, Kelley and Jessica Drews 1:59.58 and the 400 freestyle squad of Pegarsch, Katelyn Kurtz, Drews and Kulas 4:30.53.
The seven seniors for the Wave all set personal bests in the sectional.
Wery posted bests in the 100 freestyle (1:04.72) and 100 breaststroke (1:24.02), Kelley in the 100 breaststroke (1:23.83, shaving three seconds off her previous best), Kulas in the 50 freestyle (29.68 seconds), Jamie Trapp in the 100 breaststroke (1:27.35), Sydney Jewell in the 100 butterfly (1:23.56) and Brittany House in the 200 freestyle (2:34.99).
The Wave tallied 46 points for 12th place in the sectional at Waukesha South.
"The Wave is going to miss the leadership and dedication shown from our seniors this year," swimming coach Heidi Nelson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Area wrestling teams enjoyed plenty of success
- Sports Shorts: March 13
- Boys basketball: Scoring burst ends season for West Allis Central boys basketball
- Central's White, Choinski snare state wrestling titles
- Hale's Wanta captures third at state wrestling
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: West Allis Central boys survive Looney's huge output
- West Allis Central puts five in state wrestling meet
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling meet
- West Allis Hale wrestling trio advances to state meet