The West Allis Hale boys soccer team won the New Berlin Eisenhower Invitational last weekend, finishing 2-0-1.
The Huskies started on Friday by tying defending tournament champion Bradley Tech 2-2, then they blanked the host school 1-0 and routed Sheboygan Falls 6-0 on Saturday.
Hale would be regarded as the champion of the tournament, since Eisenhower went 2-1 with victories over Falls and Tech and Tech finished 1-1-1 with a victory over Falls and a loss to Eisenhower.
The Huskies improved to 4-1-1 on the young season.
They lost their Greater Metro Conference opener to powerful Marquette 6-0 on Aug. 27. The Hilltoppers went on to win the prestigious Al Gusho Tournament at Brookfield East over the weekend and have not lost to a team from Wisconsin in several seasons.
Hale met rival West Allis Central on Wednesday and will play in a weekend tournament at The Prairie School in Racine this weekend.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Case's scoring burst ends Central's season
- Central's White, Choinski snare state wrestling titles
- Hale's Wanta captures third at state wrestling
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: West Allis Central boys survive Looney's huge output
- West Allis Central puts five in state wrestling meet
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling meet
- West Allis Hale wrestling trio advances to state meet
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 27
- Brookfield Central's LaChance ties single-game conference scoring mark