The West Allis Hale boys soccer team won the New Berlin Eisenhower Invitational last weekend, finishing 2-0-1.
The Huskies started on Friday by tying defending tournament champion Bradley Tech 2-2, then they blanked the host school 1-0 and routed Sheboygan Falls 6-0 on Saturday.
Hale would be regarded as the champion of the tournament, since Eisenhower went 2-1 with victories over Falls and Tech and Tech finished 1-1-1 with a victory over Falls and a loss to Eisenhower.
The Huskies improved to 4-1-1 on the young season.
They lost their Greater Metro Conference opener to powerful Marquette 6-0 on Aug. 27. The Hilltoppers went on to win the prestigious Al Gusho Tournament at Brookfield East over the weekend and have not lost to a team from Wisconsin in several seasons.
Hale met rival West Allis Central on Wednesday and will play in a weekend tournament at The Prairie School in Racine this weekend.
— John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 3, 2015
- West Allis Hale girls volleyball team starts off season with 2-1 record in own quad
- West Allis Central's Ringelberg posts first football head coaching victory
- Sport Shorts: Aug. 27, 2015
- Mistakes hurt West Allis Hale football team in loss to Waterford
- Football: Whitnall pulls off big plays to beat West Allis Central in 2015 football opener (2)
- Gridiron Guide: Get to know: West Allis Central Bulldogs
- West Allis Bowmen schedule archery safari shoot for Labor Day weekend
- Sports Notes: Aug. 20, 2015
- New West Allis Central football coach hopes to tune up offense