The West Allis Hale boys soccer team won the New Berlin Eisenhower Invitational last weekend, finishing 2-0-1.
The Huskies started on Friday by tying defending tournament champion Bradley Tech 2-2, then they blanked the host school 1-0 and routed Sheboygan Falls 6-0 on Saturday.
Hale would be regarded as the champion of the tournament, since Eisenhower went 2-1 with victories over Falls and Tech and Tech finished 1-1-1 with a victory over Falls and a loss to Eisenhower.
The Huskies improved to 4-1-1 on the young season.
They lost their Greater Metro Conference opener to powerful Marquette 6-0 on Aug. 27. The Hilltoppers went on to win the prestigious Al Gusho Tournament at Brookfield East over the weekend and have not lost to a team from Wisconsin in several seasons.
Hale met rival West Allis Central on Wednesday and will play in a weekend tournament at The Prairie School in Racine this weekend.
— John Rech
- Whitnall, Nathan Hale, West Allis Central and Greenfield High School Sport Shorts: May 26
- West Allis Sports Notes: May 26
- West Allis Central softball team posts two shutout victories in regular season's final week
- Sport Shorts: May 19, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 19, 2016
- West Allis Hale track, field invitational falls victim to timing errors
- Sport Shorts: May 12, 2016
- Sports Notes: May 12, 2016
- West Allis Hale boys track and field team claims New Berlin West Invite crown
- Sport Shorts: May 5, 2016