Brookfield Central blanked West Allis Central, 3-0, Wednesday morning in the consolation bracket of the Greater Metro Conference Tournament at Brookfield Central.
Junior Matt Ausloos tossed a 5-hitter, walking three and fanning two on the way to the win. The Lancers took advantage of three Bulldog base running errors to preseve the shutout.
Victor Perea appeared to have scored in the fifth inning on a sacrifice fly by Dylan Diebitz to cut the lead to 2-1. But the Lancers appealed that he left third too soon and won the appeal.
Riley Richarz led off the BC first inning with a HBP, stole second and third and scored on an error by the shortstop off a grounder by Ausloos.
Elijah Goodman and Luke Summerfeld had infield hits, the latter on a perfect bunt down the third base line, to start the fourth. After a passed ball moving the runners up, Connor Shipman had an infield hit to score courtesy runner Mike Egan for a 2-0 lead.
Doubles by Goodman and Shipman accounted for the final BC run in the sixth.
Bulldog pitcher Josh Kopplin pitched well in the loss, allowing five hits, a HBP, a walk and five strikeouts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale takes care of business, rolls past Marshall, 48-0
- Sport Shorts: Sept. 4
- Football: Preps football photos of the week: Aug. 29
- West Allis Central picks up easy victory in first football game
- West Allis Bowmen to hold annual archery safari shoot this weekend
- Defense boosts West Allis Hale football team past Badger in opener
- West Allis Central football team hopes for fresh start in 2014
- Veteran corps giving West Allis Hale football team reason for optimism
- West Allis Nighthawks find their offense, claim series championship
- West Allis Nighthawks tune up for Eastern Lakes playoffs with victory