Brookfield Central blanked West Allis Central, 3-0, Wednesday morning in the consolation bracket of the Greater Metro Conference Tournament at Brookfield Central.
Junior Matt Ausloos tossed a 5-hitter, walking three and fanning two on the way to the win. The Lancers took advantage of three Bulldog base running errors to preseve the shutout.
Victor Perea appeared to have scored in the fifth inning on a sacrifice fly by Dylan Diebitz to cut the lead to 2-1. But the Lancers appealed that he left third too soon and won the appeal.
Riley Richarz led off the BC first inning with a HBP, stole second and third and scored on an error by the shortstop off a grounder by Ausloos.
Elijah Goodman and Luke Summerfeld had infield hits, the latter on a perfect bunt down the third base line, to start the fourth. After a passed ball moving the runners up, Connor Shipman had an infield hit to score courtesy runner Mike Egan for a 2-0 lead.
Doubles by Goodman and Shipman accounted for the final BC run in the sixth.
Bulldog pitcher Josh Kopplin pitched well in the loss, allowing five hits, a HBP, a walk and five strikeouts.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- West Allis Central's Criswell, Hunter both win two events at West Allis Hale Invitational
- West Allis Hale's Tomlin, Central's Schultz, Whitnall's Bickerstaff all win at Hale
- Whitnall boys golf team captures first in Woodland Conference East Division standings
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- West Allis Hale boys track team wins six events, team championship at New Berlin West
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- West Allis Central boys track team secures third at Wauwatosa Invitational
- Greenfield girls soccer team blanks two opponents after tough loss to Greendale
- Relay team, Hunter win events for West Allis Central boys track and field team