Nicole Larson and Josh Boeder of West Allis Central both closed out the indoor track and field season in style at the state indoor meet on Saturday.
Larson finished second in the pole vault with 11 feet, 9 inches, trailing only Alex Flucke of Ashwaubenon at 12-0.
She had won the event in previous meets, including the Greater Metro Conference Indoor on March 27.
Boeder tied for seventh place in the pole vault with 13-0. The winner was Jake Wallenfang of Green Bay Preble at 15-6.
They were the only athletes to score points for the Bulldogs at the large and prestigious meet. Larson's eight points gave Central 18th place in the 49-team meet, while Boeder's 1½ points left the Bulldogs in 44th.
Tyler Miletti took 20th place in the 1,600-meter run with 4 minutes, 37.04 seconds and Gabby Coto-Valentin came in 18th in the shot put with 33-11.
Both teams will participate in the Mondo Invitational at West Allis Hale on April 13, the first outdoor meet of the season.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Boys basketball: Case's scoring burst ends Central's season
- Central's White, Choinski snare state wrestling titles
- Hale's Wanta captures third at state wrestling
- Sports Shorts: March 6
- Boys basketball: West Allis Central boys survive Looney's huge output
- West Allis Central puts five in state wrestling meet
- Whitnall's Monty reaches state wrestling meet
- West Allis Hale wrestling trio advances to state meet
- Sports Shorts: Feb. 27
- Brookfield Central's LaChance ties single-game conference scoring mark