West Allis boys squads stand out in field events
Boeder, Keen lead respective West Allis teams
The field events look particularly strong for the West Allis boys track and field teams this spring.
The two returnees who competed in the 2012 WIAA Division 1 State Meet are back. They are Josh Boeder of Central, who took 18th in the pole vault, and Hale's Peter Keen, who tied for 16th in the discus last season.
Boeder posted the top individual finish in the pole vault at Friday's Jim Reinhard Dog Relays with 13 feet even, and he led his team, which also featured Anthony Alioto and Jose Fuentes, to first place. Alioto took third and Fuentes fifth, both at 8-6.
Keen notched sixth place in the shot put with 40 feet 9 inches and helped his Hale team, with Aaron Cronin and Miroslav Stojanovic, to second place.
The Huskies of Hale won the relay meet with 96 points, while Central's Bulldogs took second with 91 points. They were 26 points clear of third-place Elkhorn with 65 points.
The Bulldogs collected five other first places in the relays. They were by Tyler Miletti in the individual 1,600-meter run at 4 minutes, 54.61 seconds; the 4 x 400 relay team with 3:57.37; the high jump unit of Tanner Duchow, Ezekiel Martin and Vince O'Leary; the long jump group of Martin, O'Leary and Tre Nowaczynski; and the triple jump squad of Darrin Walker, O'Leary and Ryan Twaroski.
Duchow had the best high jump (5-6), Martin the top long jump (18-11) and Walker the best triple jump (39-1½).
Winning for Hale were the 4 x 800 team of Sam Gagliano, Robert Effinger, Milan Stojanovic and Edwin Morales in 9:05.55, and the distance medley group of Tim Ebben, Clive Miller, Stojanovic and Gagliano at 10:52.45.
"We have very strong distance runners," head coach Kristi Hansen said. "We look for Gagliano, Effinger, Stojanovic and Morales to do very well in the 4 x 800 and their individual events."
The Huskies also claimed eight second places: Dan Nelson in the 1,600 run (5:05.09), the 3 x 160 weight relay (1:09.27), the 4 x 240 team (2:08.4), the 4 x 400 unit (4:00.01), the 55-meter intermediate hurdles group of Joey Werner, Chris Reed and Jeffrey Freet; the 55 high hurdles squad of Werner, Reed and Ryan Schoenke; the high jump team of Alecxander Ditorrice, Reed and Nate Langenkamp; and the long jump corps of Jeff Schubert, Freet and Devon Kopet.
Taking third for Central were the 4 x 240 team (2:09.07), the 4 x 800 unit (9:59.7), the distance medley squad (11:31.32) and Dylan Kuchcinski, Cameron Gitzlaff and Orion Asher in the 55-meter intermediate hurdles and 55 high hurdles.
Hale was third in the triple jump. Names were not available.
- West Allis Hale baseball team experiences tough times during busy week
- Sports Notes: June 23, 2016
- West Allis Central baseball team tops West Allis Hale, picks up first victory of season
- West Allis Hale baseball team gets one victory in four tries against GMC foes
- West Allis Hale girls soccer season ends with sectional semifinal loss to Muskego
- West Allis Central baseball team grooming freshman pitchers in 2016
- Greenfield, Whitnall, West Allis Hale and West Allis Central Sport Shorts: June 9, 2016
- Redieske helps lift Whitnall baseball team past New Berlin West to halt losing streak
- West Allis Central's Schultz captures second place in shot put at state meet
- West Allis Hale's Stevens snares seventh in WIAA Division 1 state high jump