West Allis, Whitnall wrestlers make mark at E.H. Stech Invitational
Silva, Diebitz, Senthavisauk win titles
West Allis-Alan Silva and Dylan Diebitz, both of West Allis Central, and Anthony Senthavisauk of Whitnall all captured individual championships at the annual E.H. Stech Invitational wrestling meet at Central last weekend.
Silva went 4-0 at 132 pounds over the two-day event on Friday and Saturday. He won his first match by pin, then posted major decisions over his next two foes before edging Joey Davey of Whitefish Bay, 6-5, in his title match.
Diebitz was 4-0 at 170. He pinned his first two opponents, then earned a 3-0 decision and nipped Rashadeem Gray of Bay, 6-4, in his title bout.
Silva and Diebitz both improved to 12-0 on the season for the Bulldogs.
Whitnall's Senthavisauk moved to 16-2 by finishing 4-0 at 106 pounds. He won by a pin and two decisions before notching a 12-2 major decision over Xianou Xiong of Franklin in the final.
For Central, Tere White claimed third place at 113 pounds, going 4-1 for the tourney. He lost his semifinal match by injury default but came back to pin two foes for third.
Jose Ramos finished fourth at 126 pounds with a 3-2 record, Dave Anich fifth at 120 (4-2) and Jon Vega sixth at 138 (3-3).
Also competing for the Bulldogs were Tyus White at 106 (2-2), Mike Kooi at 145 (2-2), Dylan Rom at 152 (0-2), Alexis Elvira at 160 (0-2), Sergey Zelenyuk at 182 (0-2), Bobby Reyes at 195 (1-2), Troy Evans at 220 (1-2) and Tong Vang at heavyweight (1-2).
Central tallied 120 points for fifth place in the event.
For Whitnall, Zach Barnhart finished fourth at 182 (3-2) and Ethan Harycki fifth at 220 (3-2).
Also competing were Kevin Seyedin at 113 (1-2), Joe Price at 120 (2-2), Blake Leslie at 126 (2-2), Dylan Kellner at 132 (2-2), Mark Burakowski at 138 (1-2), Ty Rabideaux at 145 (1-2), Ryan Olson at 152 (1-2), Zach Price at 160 (1-2), Michael Langenohl at 195 (0-2) and John Smith at heavyweight (0-2).
The Falcons collected 70½ points to share 11th place with Muskego.
Whitnall also won two other dual meets earlier last week, downing Cudahy, 62-15, and Pius XI, 70-11.
Posting pins against Cudahy were Leslie (126), Kellner (132), Nick Monte (138), Olson (152), Zach Price (170), Langenohl (195) and Harycki (220). Getting pins against the Popes were Joe Price (120), Leslie (126), Monte (132), Olson (152), Rabideaux (160), Langenohl (195), Harycki (220) and Smith (heavyweight).
The Bulldogs host West Allis Hale at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20 in a key Greater Metro Conference dual, then compete in the Merrill Tournament Dec. 28 to 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Mlachnik pitches West Allis Central baseball team past Wauwatosa East
- West Allis Hale baseball team struggles after opening week with victory
- West Allis Hale's Ron Kurtz crosses finish line of coaching career
- Losses continue for competitive West Allis Central baseball team
- Long before NBA draft, Looney leaves impression on West Allis Central coach
- West Allis Hale baseball team starts poorly but finishes week strongly
- West Allis Hale makes move up Greater Metro Conference ladder with three victories
- West Allis Nighthawks break loose on offense, hammer Grafton
- Greenfield baseball team blanks Pius XI 1-0 in contest at Miller Park
- West Allis Hale's Scherer claims medal in pole vault at state track meet