West Allis, Whitnall wrestlers make mark at E.H. Stech Invitational
Silva, Diebitz, Senthavisauk win titles
West Allis-Alan Silva and Dylan Diebitz, both of West Allis Central, and Anthony Senthavisauk of Whitnall all captured individual championships at the annual E.H. Stech Invitational wrestling meet at Central last weekend.
Silva went 4-0 at 132 pounds over the two-day event on Friday and Saturday. He won his first match by pin, then posted major decisions over his next two foes before edging Joey Davey of Whitefish Bay, 6-5, in his title match.
Diebitz was 4-0 at 170. He pinned his first two opponents, then earned a 3-0 decision and nipped Rashadeem Gray of Bay, 6-4, in his title bout.
Silva and Diebitz both improved to 12-0 on the season for the Bulldogs.
Whitnall's Senthavisauk moved to 16-2 by finishing 4-0 at 106 pounds. He won by a pin and two decisions before notching a 12-2 major decision over Xianou Xiong of Franklin in the final.
For Central, Tere White claimed third place at 113 pounds, going 4-1 for the tourney. He lost his semifinal match by injury default but came back to pin two foes for third.
Jose Ramos finished fourth at 126 pounds with a 3-2 record, Dave Anich fifth at 120 (4-2) and Jon Vega sixth at 138 (3-3).
Also competing for the Bulldogs were Tyus White at 106 (2-2), Mike Kooi at 145 (2-2), Dylan Rom at 152 (0-2), Alexis Elvira at 160 (0-2), Sergey Zelenyuk at 182 (0-2), Bobby Reyes at 195 (1-2), Troy Evans at 220 (1-2) and Tong Vang at heavyweight (1-2).
Central tallied 120 points for fifth place in the event.
For Whitnall, Zach Barnhart finished fourth at 182 (3-2) and Ethan Harycki fifth at 220 (3-2).
Also competing were Kevin Seyedin at 113 (1-2), Joe Price at 120 (2-2), Blake Leslie at 126 (2-2), Dylan Kellner at 132 (2-2), Mark Burakowski at 138 (1-2), Ty Rabideaux at 145 (1-2), Ryan Olson at 152 (1-2), Zach Price at 160 (1-2), Michael Langenohl at 195 (0-2) and John Smith at heavyweight (0-2).
The Falcons collected 70½ points to share 11th place with Muskego.
Whitnall also won two other dual meets earlier last week, downing Cudahy, 62-15, and Pius XI, 70-11.
Posting pins against Cudahy were Leslie (126), Kellner (132), Nick Monte (138), Olson (152), Zach Price (170), Langenohl (195) and Harycki (220). Getting pins against the Popes were Joe Price (120), Leslie (126), Monte (132), Olson (152), Rabideaux (160), Langenohl (195), Harycki (220) and Smith (heavyweight).
The Bulldogs host West Allis Hale at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 20 in a key Greater Metro Conference dual, then compete in the Merrill Tournament Dec. 28 to 29.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale boys basketball team boasts strong shooting, athleticism in 2015-16
- Depth promises to be a strength for West Allis Central boys basketball team
- Poor shooting hurts West Allis Hale girls basketball team in loss to Nicolet
- Lee, Conroy lead West Allis Central girls basketball squad
- Sports Notes: Nov. 26, 2015
- Greenfield, Whitnall football teams make big strides in coaches' second seasons
- West Allis Hale girls basketball team looking for winning season
- Greenfield's Claudia Kirkpatrick sets school record at state swimming meet
- Boys soccer: West Allis Hale's Sykes, Mesich named Greater Metro first-team in soccer (1)
- Girls swimming: West Allis diver Maggie Pomerenke qualifies for state swimming meet