West Allis - In the opening dual meet of the 2012-13 season, the West Allis Hale wrestling team downed Brookfield Central, 58-24, on Dec. 6.
Victories went to Jake Gruichich at 152 pounds with a 15-6 major decision, Jordan Plantiko at 195 (pin in 58 seconds), Dallas Wanta at 220 (pin in 47 seconds), Ryan Vankerkvoorde at heavyweight (forfeit), Oliver Arena at 106 (forfeit), Jon Baltz at 113 (forfeit), Trevor Kruzick at 120 (pin in 1:15), Luke Ellis at 126 (pin in 1:53), Josh Petrovich at 138 (pin in 5:07) and Maurice Beck at 145 (forfeit).
The Huskies then competed in the Raider Duals at Sheboygan North on Saturday, winning three of five duals. They defeated Appleton West, 39-30; Sheboygan North, 40-30; and Mayville, 39-31. They lost to Menasha, 47-18, and West Bend West, 73-3.
West Bend West won the meet and Menasha captured second place.
Hale used a different lineup for the duals. Julien Moreno went 4-0 at 152 pounds, while Baltz finished 4-1 at 106 and Louis Chaumet posted the same mark at 138.
Going 3-2 on the day were Simo Gruichich (120), Jordan Shields (145) and Tony Gibilian (heavyweight). Steven Klinko was 2-2 at 220 pounds.
Hale next welcomes Marquette at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 13 then takes part in the Waukesha West Invitational at 9 a.m. Dec. 15.
The Huskies will then prepare for their intercity showdown at West Allis Central on Dec. 20.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale girls basketball will pick up the pace
- Sports Shorts: Dec. 5
- Staying healthy will be key for Franklin girls basketball team
- West Allis Hale's Riche dropped runners, topped records
- West Allis Central boys basketball nipped by Arrowhead
- West Allis Central boys basketball looks to ace chemistry
- Poor start hurts West Allis Hale boys basketball in opener
- West Allis Hale looks to continue boys basketball improvement
- West Allis girls swimmers finish pool season strong
- Greenfield, Whitnall, West Allis football teams struggled