West Allis - A fine all-around game by Brandon Key helped the West Allis Central boys basketball team remain unbeaten with a 67-50 triumph over Madison East on Friday night.
Key tallied a team-high 21 points, including a trio of 3-point field goals, to go along with eight assists and five steals for the Bulldogs, who improved to 3-0 on the young season.
Jaquan Carson added 10 points, Anthony Phillips seven points and Ezekiel Martin and Jerome Cummings six points apiece.
Central gradually built its lead to 32-25 at the half and 54-39 after three quarters, then coasted through the fourth period.
The game, played at Madison LaFollette High School, was part of the I-94 Challenge, which features teams from the Milwaukee and Madison areas.
Miles Kietzer totaled a game-high 23 points for East.
The Bulldogs also routed Kenosha Indian Trail, 78-37, on Nov. 20. Ron Turkvan led the way in that game with 18 points, while Martin added 14 points, Drew Dalzin 10 and Tyler Maten eight.
A total of 12 players scored for Central, which was up 39-17 at the half and was never seriously threatened.
The Bulldogs are now off until they open the Greater Metro Conference season at 7:30 p.m. Dec. 7 at Sussex Hamilton, which came into this week at 3-0 after a 56-49 victory over Milwaukee Washington last week.
Brady Ellingson tallied 29 points to lead the way for Hamilton.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Sport Shorts: May 28, 2015
- West Allis Central's Schultz captures shot put crown in Greater Metro Conference Outdoor
- Sport Shorts: May 21, 2015
- West Allis Central's Criswell, Hunter both win two events at West Allis Hale Invitational
- West Allis Hale's Tomlin, Central's Schultz, Whitnall's Bickerstaff all win at Hale
- Whitnall boys golf team captures first in Woodland Conference East Division standings
- Sport Shorts: May 14, 2015
- West Allis Hale boys track team wins six events, team championship at New Berlin West
- Sport Shorts: May 7, 2015
- West Allis Central boys track team secures third at Wauwatosa Invitational