West Allis - George Sotiros will take over the head varsity girls basketball coaching job at West Allis Hale High School next season.
Sotiros has served as head girls coach in the West Allis Junior Huskies youth organization for the past four years, coaching two different teams. He posted a 50-19 combined record as the head coach of the eighth-grade and sixth-grade squads.
He has six years experience as a head coach in the Junior Huskies organization overall, with two additional years of coaching on the boys side as well as other years coaching select youth programs in the area.
"I am honored and excited at the wonderful opportunity ahead," Sotiros said. "Girls basketball at Hale for many years was a beacon of excellence, and through passion and hard work of all involved, I hope to help guide the program back to those heights."
District athletic administrator Blain Fowler said, "The knowledge, energy and enthusiasm George Sotiros brings to the position of head coach is immeasurable. He is dedicated to our school and community and I'm certain he will bring that same dedication and work ethic to our girls program."
Sotiros is a 1984 graduate of Hale, where he was a four-year letterman on the golf team, finishing 10th at state in his senior season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Central baseball squad made some strides in 2014 season
- West Allis Nighthawks get split, share Lakes East lead with New Berlin
- Oak Creek's big rally knocks West Allis Hale out of baseball playoffs
- Mials McMurray, West Allis Hale pull away from Bulldogs in regional
- Baseball: Oak Creek baseball team rallies big
- Baseball: Hale breaks spell with four-run sixth to top West Allis Central
- Hale baseball team downs Central to pull out GMC tournament victory
- Central baseball team wins two, breaks into double digits in victories
- Muskego Hitmen semipro football team opens home season July 19
- Falls baseball team advances on RBI single by Johnson in seventh