West Allis - George Sotiros will take over the head varsity girls basketball coaching job at West Allis Hale High School next season.
Sotiros has served as head girls coach in the West Allis Junior Huskies youth organization for the past four years, coaching two different teams. He posted a 50-19 combined record as the head coach of the eighth-grade and sixth-grade squads.
He has six years experience as a head coach in the Junior Huskies organization overall, with two additional years of coaching on the boys side as well as other years coaching select youth programs in the area.
"I am honored and excited at the wonderful opportunity ahead," Sotiros said. "Girls basketball at Hale for many years was a beacon of excellence, and through passion and hard work of all involved, I hope to help guide the program back to those heights."
District athletic administrator Blain Fowler said, "The knowledge, energy and enthusiasm George Sotiros brings to the position of head coach is immeasurable. He is dedicated to our school and community and I'm certain he will bring that same dedication and work ethic to our girls program."
Sotiros is a 1984 graduate of Hale, where he was a four-year letterman on the golf team, finishing 10th at state in his senior season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale girls rally past Central in city clash, 53-42
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 25, 2014
- Local wrestling teams all shine in annual Stech Invitational Tourney
- West Allis Hale boys pull away from Central to notch 73-58 triumph
- Central wrestlers take control of GMC race with 29-27 win over Falls
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 18, 2014
- West Allis gymnastics team boasts larger turnout for 2014-15 campaign
- West Allis Hale boys handed first loss of season in GMC
- Sport Shorts: Dec. 11
- Whitnall/Greendale, West Allis Central place one, two at East Troy