West Allis - The rebuilding project for the West Allis Hale boys basketball team will continue with a new coach next season.
Kenny Bosch, the coach for the past two seasons, will not be back for the 2012-13 campaign. His contract was not renewed by the school last week.
The search for his replacement has already begun, said Hale athletic administrator Elliott Kramsky.
Bosch's first team won one game, a 61-31 triumph over Cudahy on Feb. 8, 2011, but it was a notable one. The victory broke a 61-game losing streak by the Huskies dating back to 2008.
In 2011-12, Hale improved to 5-18, beating five non-conference foes and winning its own holiday tournament.
"I am proud of the progress we made in my short time here," Bosch said. "This season, we had our best record in five years and our third-best scoring average in the past 10 years. We had three players earn all-Greater Metro Conference honors.
"The guys went from feeling doubt to expecting to win, and I am happy to be a part of that. Also, we had good opportunities off the court for team bonding."
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video, photos: Skateboarding in West Allis
- West Allis Central graduate inducted into Wisconsin, Indiana swimming halls of fame
- Sports Notes: July 30, 2015
- Strong offensive attack paces competitive West Allis Hale baseball team
- West Allis Hale's McMurray outduels West's Fritz in regional
- West Allis Central falls short of Cudahy in regional championship
- Baseball: Hale nips New Berlin West, 2-1, in regional opener
- Sports Notes: July 16, 2015
- Miscues hurt West Allis Hale baseball team in Greater Metro Conference title game
- West Allis Hale baseball team makes Greater Metro Conference Tournament run