West Allis - The rugged 2011 season came to an end for the West Allis Central baseball team with a 12-2 loss to Woodland Conference champion New Berlin Eisenhower on July 19.
The Bulldogs managed six hits, with Josh Neary going 2-for-3 and Joe Smith 1-for-3 with a double. Smith also took the loss on the mound.
Central finished 1-30, with its lone victory coming over the Wisconsin Lutheran Legion team. The Bulldogs were hurt by a number of seniors who chose not to come out for the sport this season, and they wound up with only three seniors on the roster, Kyle Bowe, Xavier Solis and Smith.
- John Rech
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis Hale seeking more consistency in baseball
- West Allis Central looking to put everything together
- SportsShorts: June 3
- Central's Larson vaults to second at state
- West Allis Hale's Keen claims sixth at state track
- Serio tosses no-hitter for Whitnall
- SportsShorts: May 30
- Seefeldt's double gives Huskies title
- SportsShorts: May 20
- SportsShorts: May 16