Greenfield - Greenfield will host a regional workshop on the emerald ash borer to provide property owners and even community forest managers with enough information to make a plan to deal with the menace on their own properties.
The emerald ash borer has denuded areas of eastern states of ash trees and the borer has been spotted in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties.
The workshop will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Greenfield Community Center, 7315 W. Cold Spring Road. Residents, business owners and public officials from all communities will be welcome, Greenfield forester Dennis Fermenich said.
The workshop is being sponsored with the help of a grant from the state Department of Natural Resources. In fact, two of the speakers will be from the DNR. They will join plant expert Sharon Morrisey. Handouts will be provided. Admission will be free.
- In brief: Reward, state fair deals
- In brief: Clothing giveaway
- Things to do: May 5, 2016
- Humble northern Wisconsin church triggers West Allis big-city giveaway
- 'Same Time Next Year' to play at Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Campus News: May 5, 2016
- Mother dies in drive-by shooting, suspect in West Allis killing eyed
- West Allis school officials contemplate opening a medical clinic for its employees to save money
- West Allis Police blotter: May 5, 2016
- West Allis Police respond to shots fired