Greenfield - Greenfield will host a regional workshop on the emerald ash borer to provide property owners and even community forest managers with enough information to make a plan to deal with the menace on their own properties.
The emerald ash borer has denuded areas of eastern states of ash trees and the borer has been spotted in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties.
The workshop will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Greenfield Community Center, 7315 W. Cold Spring Road. Residents, business owners and public officials from all communities will be welcome, Greenfield forester Dennis Fermenich said.
The workshop is being sponsored with the help of a grant from the state Department of Natural Resources. In fact, two of the speakers will be from the DNR. They will join plant expert Sharon Morrisey. Handouts will be provided. Admission will be free.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Teens charged in burglaries
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Students at Wauwatosa's Plank Road School find passion in woodworking
- Developers break ground at The Corners in the town of Brookfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store
- Saving doused cell phones by drying them in Redux