Greenfield - Greenfield will host a regional workshop on the emerald ash borer to provide property owners and even community forest managers with enough information to make a plan to deal with the menace on their own properties.
The emerald ash borer has denuded areas of eastern states of ash trees and the borer has been spotted in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties.
The workshop will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Greenfield Community Center, 7315 W. Cold Spring Road. Residents, business owners and public officials from all communities will be welcome, Greenfield forester Dennis Fermenich said.
The workshop is being sponsored with the help of a grant from the state Department of Natural Resources. In fact, two of the speakers will be from the DNR. They will join plant expert Sharon Morrisey. Handouts will be provided. Admission will be free.
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016
- Campus News: May 19, 2016
- West Allis schools face mountain of capital needs
- Input to be sought on Highway 100 project in West Allis, Greenfield
- A 'Green' exhibit to lift environs of Inspiration Studios in West Allis
- Review: Cream City actors connect in 'Same Time, Next Year'
- West Allis Police Blotter: May 19, 2016
- West Allis might switch to carts and mixing all recyclables together (1)