Greenfield - Greenfield will host a regional workshop on the emerald ash borer to provide property owners and even community forest managers with enough information to make a plan to deal with the menace on their own properties.
The emerald ash borer has denuded areas of eastern states of ash trees and the borer has been spotted in Milwaukee and Waukesha counties.
The workshop will be held from 1 to 3 p.m. Nov. 10 at the Greenfield Community Center, 7315 W. Cold Spring Road. Residents, business owners and public officials from all communities will be welcome, Greenfield forester Dennis Fermenich said.
The workshop is being sponsored with the help of a grant from the state Department of Natural Resources. In fact, two of the speakers will be from the DNR. They will join plant expert Sharon Morrisey. Handouts will be provided. Admission will be free.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- News & Notes: Dec. 10
- Police Report: Dec. 10
- Cycle shop could motor into old retail store in West Allis
- School continues its educational Heritage in West Allis
- Three West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board seats up for grabs
- News & Notes: Dec. 3
- Knights of Columbus hall wields new name in West Allis
- West Allis makes a connection with new bike trail
- Police Report: Dec. 2
- Cell tower won't be built in Greenfield residential neighborhood