A store manager called police after an unruly female customer attempted to shock him with a stun gun around 12:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
According to Greenfield police:
The manager at Factory Card & Party Outlet, 5058 S. 74th St., told police he confronted a female customer because he believed she was shoplifting. When he asked to see her purse the woman refused and became loud and disorderly.
The manager then asked the woman to leave the store. As he began following her to make sure she left the store, the woman took out an electric weapon - possibly a stun gun - and sparked it at the manager. The suspect then exited the store and got into a red or maroon four-door Buick driven by an unknown female. The vehicle was last seen driving southbound on 74th Street toward Southridge Mall.
The suspect is described as a heavy-set female and the driver of the vehicle is described as a shorter female, approximately 5-feet, 3-inches tall and carrying a silver purse.
There was not enough evidence to prove a retail theft occurred during the incident. Police are investigating the weapons complaint.
- West Allis sixth-grader in top 27 in nation in science competition
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink (2)
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016