A store manager called police after an unruly female customer attempted to shock him with a stun gun around 12:30 p.m. Oct. 22.
According to Greenfield police:
The manager at Factory Card & Party Outlet, 5058 S. 74th St., told police he confronted a female customer because he believed she was shoplifting. When he asked to see her purse the woman refused and became loud and disorderly.
The manager then asked the woman to leave the store. As he began following her to make sure she left the store, the woman took out an electric weapon - possibly a stun gun - and sparked it at the manager. The suspect then exited the store and got into a red or maroon four-door Buick driven by an unknown female. The vehicle was last seen driving southbound on 74th Street toward Southridge Mall.
The suspect is described as a heavy-set female and the driver of the vehicle is described as a shorter female, approximately 5-feet, 3-inches tall and carrying a silver purse.
There was not enough evidence to prove a retail theft occurred during the incident. Police are investigating the weapons complaint.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wachholz retires as superintendent of West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Video, traffic guide: Video: How to navigate construction surrounding the 2014 Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis officials concerned over what they say is a lack of code compliance
- Top 10 things to see and do at the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis police report: July 31
- Installation of small greeen spaces in West Allis's commerical districts moves forward
- City wants former foundry redeveloped