An 81-year-old West Allis woman was killed in a one-car crash about 10:30 a.m. today in the 1900 block of South 71st Street in West Allis.
The car she was driving crossed over the center line of southbound 71st Street and struck a tree on the east side of the road, according to police.
Her name is being withheld pending notification of family. Alcohol and speed do not appear to be factors in the crash, police said, and the crash remains under investigation.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- West Allis woman cares for abandoned dogs; fundraiser on Nov. 22
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Toppers pizza in West Allis tops off governor's election night party
- 'Cinderella' works some magic on West Allis Central stage
- Community Calendar: Nov. 13. 2014
- West Allis refuses to allow drinking on bar decks too close to residences