West Allis - Downtown West Allis will be busting out all over with holiday doings as the Downtown West Allis Business Improvement District holds this year's Christmas on the Avenue from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 1.
Greenfield Avenue and adjacent side streets will be closed off between 70th and 76th streets for the event. The free celebration will feature hay rides, crafts, an ice carving competition, storytelling and performances by the West Allis Suburban Concert and Big Band. A craft fair and bake sale will be at The Landmark of West Allis Senior Apartments, 1441 S. 68th St.
In addition to the festivities, families can enjoy "Breakfast with Santa" at Mis Suenos restaurant and "Lunch & Visit with Santa" at Steakhouse 100. Call Mis Suenos at (414) 763-5150 or Steakhouse 100 at (414) 727-2222 to reserve a spot.
At 4 p.m. the event will continue with the West Allis traditional community sing and tree lighting in the West Allis City Hall Centennial Plaza, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave. A Christmas parade will step off at 4:45 p.m. at 81st Street and travel east on Greenfield Avenue to 66th Street. This year's theme is "The Music and Magic of Christmas." For more information on the parade, go to www.wachristmasparade.com .
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- 'A Midsummer Night's Dream' to open at Inspiration Studios
- 84th Street ramps at I-94 to be open for the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis superintendent named to school advocacy group leadership
- Educator from Anchorage likely to take reins of West Allis school
- West Allis schools closing door on bad material, but window open
- Survey: More than half West Allis-West Milwaukee underclassmen feel unsafe (2)
- West Allis school officials worry parents can't monitor iPads (5)
- West Allis police report: July 16
- Doggy to debut in West Allis Players 'Wizard of Oz'
- Police seeking help on finding woman's attacker