West Allis - Downtown West Allis will be busting out all over with holiday doings as the Downtown West Allis Business Improvement District holds this year's Christmas on the Avenue from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 1.
Greenfield Avenue and adjacent side streets will be closed off between 70th and 76th streets for the event. The free celebration will feature hay rides, crafts, an ice carving competition, storytelling and performances by the West Allis Suburban Concert and Big Band. A craft fair and bake sale will be at The Landmark of West Allis Senior Apartments, 1441 S. 68th St.
In addition to the festivities, families can enjoy "Breakfast with Santa" at Mis Suenos restaurant and "Lunch & Visit with Santa" at Steakhouse 100. Call Mis Suenos at (414) 763-5150 or Steakhouse 100 at (414) 727-2222 to reserve a spot.
At 4 p.m. the event will continue with the West Allis traditional community sing and tree lighting in the West Allis City Hall Centennial Plaza, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave. A Christmas parade will step off at 4:45 p.m. at 81st Street and travel east on Greenfield Avenue to 66th Street. This year's theme is "The Music and Magic of Christmas." For more information on the parade, go to www.wachristmasparade.com .
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016