West Allis - Downtown West Allis will be busting out all over with holiday doings as the Downtown West Allis Business Improvement District holds this year's Christmas on the Avenue from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Dec. 1.
Greenfield Avenue and adjacent side streets will be closed off between 70th and 76th streets for the event. The free celebration will feature hay rides, crafts, an ice carving competition, storytelling and performances by the West Allis Suburban Concert and Big Band. A craft fair and bake sale will be at The Landmark of West Allis Senior Apartments, 1441 S. 68th St.
In addition to the festivities, families can enjoy "Breakfast with Santa" at Mis Suenos restaurant and "Lunch & Visit with Santa" at Steakhouse 100. Call Mis Suenos at (414) 763-5150 or Steakhouse 100 at (414) 727-2222 to reserve a spot.
At 4 p.m. the event will continue with the West Allis traditional community sing and tree lighting in the West Allis City Hall Centennial Plaza, 7525 W. Greenfield Ave. A Christmas parade will step off at 4:45 p.m. at 81st Street and travel east on Greenfield Avenue to 66th Street. This year's theme is "The Music and Magic of Christmas." For more information on the parade, go to www.wachristmasparade.com .
- West Allis woman wins $50,000 in Powerball
- In brief: Police mystery, parks
- Things to do: Rummage sales, farmers market, clothing giveaway
- Video: Dine and Dash teams to eat and drink their way through West Allis
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 28, 2016
- West Allis contemplating $80 million referendum to build a new Central High School (4)
- West Allis police ask help in 1995 disappearance of woman
- West Allis Police Blotter: April 21, 2016
- Fusion band Mas Soul to perform April 30
- In brief: Kohl honorees, band concert