A motorist having difficulty breathing after the vehicle he was driving hit a pole in the 2300 block of 108th Street in West Allis about 1:30 p.m. today, and was taken to a nearby hospital by paramedics Wednesday afternoon, West Allis police said.
A witness told officers the driver lay on the ground after the impact about 1:30 p.m. but later was able to get up and walk to the median where his car had come to rest.
Police said the driver may also have hit a tree.
The cause of the accident appears to be medical, according to preliminary findings of police as alcohol and speed don't appear to be factors.
Highway 100 remained open while police cleared the scene.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis approves Hampton Inn plans near State Fairgrounds
- West Allis wants outdoor growing plots to take seed
- Video: Lane School back in the hands of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis