A motorist having difficulty breathing after the vehicle he was driving hit a pole in the 2300 block of 108th Street in West Allis about 1:30 p.m. today, and was taken to a nearby hospital by paramedics Wednesday afternoon, West Allis police said.
A witness told officers the driver lay on the ground after the impact about 1:30 p.m. but later was able to get up and walk to the median where his car had come to rest.
Police said the driver may also have hit a tree.
The cause of the accident appears to be medical, according to preliminary findings of police as alcohol and speed don't appear to be factors.
Highway 100 remained open while police cleared the scene.
- Milwaukee man, 37, charged with sexual assault of a child in West Allis (1)
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on