West Allis - Caterina's Ristorante has been serving up Italian staples for three decades.
The fine-dining Italian restaurant at 9104 W. Oklahoma Ave. continues as a family business, with its founders employing their children, as well as their children's spouses.
Tony Ingrilli Jr. said the keys to its success are good food, a cozy atmosphere and personal service, adding that the restaurant has become known for its hearty portions, made-to-order meals and its complimentary antipasto tray.
Tony took over his parents' restaurant in 2005.
His father, Antonio (Tony) Sr. came to Milwaukee from Sicily in 1964 and began making pizza at age 17. By the time he was 24, he had opened his first restaurant, Ingrilli's Villa, specializing in Italian entrees and pizza. Tony and his wife, Kathy, went on to open an Italian specialty delicatessen, becoming one of the first local businesses to make and sell frozen pizzas. Their pizza and products were sold in grocery stores throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
From there, Tony and Kathy opened Caterina's Ristorante on Nov. 24, 1982, only days before Kathy's birthday. The restaurant is named for her.
To mark its 30th anniversary, Caterina's is offering specials throughout November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IRS scam returns to West Allis, police warn
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair
- Proposed medical offices in former Jefferson School painful to some West Allis neighbors
- West Allis considers model pot-bellied pig ordinances (1)
- Lords of the ring: Wrestlers bring the drama at Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis hotel on Greenfield Avenue sets later grand opening