West Allis - Caterina's Ristorante has been serving up Italian staples for three decades.
The fine-dining Italian restaurant at 9104 W. Oklahoma Ave. continues as a family business, with its founders employing their children, as well as their children's spouses.
Tony Ingrilli Jr. said the keys to its success are good food, a cozy atmosphere and personal service, adding that the restaurant has become known for its hearty portions, made-to-order meals and its complimentary antipasto tray.
Tony took over his parents' restaurant in 2005.
His father, Antonio (Tony) Sr. came to Milwaukee from Sicily in 1964 and began making pizza at age 17. By the time he was 24, he had opened his first restaurant, Ingrilli's Villa, specializing in Italian entrees and pizza. Tony and his wife, Kathy, went on to open an Italian specialty delicatessen, becoming one of the first local businesses to make and sell frozen pizzas. Their pizza and products were sold in grocery stores throughout southeastern Wisconsin.
From there, Tony and Kathy opened Caterina's Ristorante on Nov. 24, 1982, only days before Kathy's birthday. The restaurant is named for her.
To mark its 30th anniversary, Caterina's is offering specials throughout November.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote