Aurora West Allis Medical Center ranked third in the Milwaukee metro area and sixth in Wisconsin in the U.S. News & World Report magazine rankings of hospitals nationwide.
This is the 23rd year the magazine has done the ranking.
Covering 94 metro areas in the U.S., the regional hospital rankings complement the national rankings by including hospitals with solid performance nearly at the level of nationally ranked institutions.
The regional rankings are aimed primarily at people who don't need the special expertise found only at a nationally ranked Best Hospitals or who may not want to travel long distances for medical care. The U.S. News metro rankings give many such patients and their families more options of hospitals within their communities and in their health insurance networks.
The rankings were published by U.S. News in collaboration with RTI International, a research organization based in Research Triangle Park, N.C. Highlights of the 2012-13 rankings will appear in the U.S. News Best Hospitals 2013 guidebook, to go on sale in August.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- West Allis boy's heroism doesn't erase his sadness
- Police Report: May 13
- West Allis school uses gardens to teach students multiple subjects
- West Allis Public Works shares cost, construction concerns with DOT
- News & Notes: May 7
- Police Report: May 7