The West Allis-West Milwaukee School District will take another look at the fairness of pay for coaches and team advisers.
Some School Board members Monday questioned why the coaches for the pom program make half as much as football coaches. The pom season is year-round, summer practices are four to five hours daily and the pom program involves more students, they said.
The board was considering all coaching and advising contracts and noticed the apparent disparity.
The staff also will come back with information on whether some teams with low participation should be combined.
- Milwaukee man, 37, charged with sexual assault of a child in West Allis (1)
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on