The West Allis-West Milwaukee School District will take another look at the fairness of pay for coaches and team advisers.
Some School Board members Monday questioned why the coaches for the pom program make half as much as football coaches. The pom season is year-round, summer practices are four to five hours daily and the pom program involves more students, they said.
The board was considering all coaching and advising contracts and noticed the apparent disparity.
The staff also will come back with information on whether some teams with low participation should be combined.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote