The way is clear for Cornerstone Christian Life Tabernacle to settle in its own home in West Allis.
The West Allis Common Council on Tuesday approved a special-use permit the church needed to renovate and move into a former credit union building at 5433 W. Burnham St.
Currently, the congregation of about 45 rents space at Grace Chapel at 81st Street and Lapham Avenue in West Allis, where it has held worship services for about eight years.
The congregation plans to extensively renovate the Burnham Street building, with the inside completely redesigned and the exterior freshened up.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Notes: June 18
- News & Notes: June 18
- West Allis man finds the right prescription for life
- West Allis health commissioner honored for her healthy approach
- Feds clear Chinese investment in long-sought West Allis hotel
- Police Report: June 18
- News & Notes: June 13
- Proposed apartments gain ground in West Allis debate
- West Allis homes take a hit in market value
- Cruising may take a bruising on Highway 100 in West Allis