Only seven votes separated the two candidates running to fill a vacancy in the West Allis 5th District by the time voting ended Tuesday.
Kevin Haass had an unofficial vote total of 530 to the 523 garnered by Gerald Matter in the race to serve the two years remaining on the term of James Sengstock who retired before his term ended.
The results remain unofficial until the Board of Canvassers meets. The lead could conceivably change as late-arriving absentee ballots are counted on Friday.
In the four-way race for three seats on the West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board the three candidates winning three-year terms were Dan Bailey with an unofficial 2,531 votes, Gail Radonski with 2,466 votes and Diane Narlock who was making her first try for public office and garnering 2,403 votes. First term board member Kristi Bonaparte finished fourth with an unofficial vote total of 1,892.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- West Allis woman cares for abandoned dogs; fundraiser on Nov. 22
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Toppers pizza in West Allis tops off governor's election night party
- 'Cinderella' works some magic on West Allis Central stage
- Community Calendar: Nov. 13. 2014
- West Allis refuses to allow drinking on bar decks too close to residences