After 10 years in the top spot in the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, Superintendent Kurt Wachholz retired Thursday, July 31.
The School Board accepted his retirement in a special meeting Wednesday night.
Wachholz served the district for 35 years. He was a teacher, a coach, district gifted and talented coordinator and principal of Jefferson Elementary School before becoming superintendent.
He also was a graduate of the West Allis-West Milwaukee schools.
The School Board hopes to begin interviewing candidates for interim superintendent on Monday, Aug. 4. The interim superintendent is expected to serve a year while the School Board finds a permanent superintendent.
- West Allis hears 72nd Street residents who don't want bumpouts
- West Allis helping fledgling craft brewery get started
- Young West Allis family has tough time getting to Hank Aaron Trail
- Greenfield couple calls police on their attacking cat
- Trio of summer concerts to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- Things to do: June 23, 2016
- Burglaries at 10-year low in West Allis, robberies hit 10-year high
- West Allis Police blotter: June 23, 2016
- After facelift, Greenfield Park Golf Course re-opens to rave reviews
- Community Calendar: June 16, 2016