After 10 years in the top spot in the West Allis-West Milwaukee School District, Superintendent Kurt Wachholz retired Thursday, July 31.
The School Board accepted his retirement in a special meeting Wednesday night.
Wachholz served the district for 35 years. He was a teacher, a coach, district gifted and talented coordinator and principal of Jefferson Elementary School before becoming superintendent.
He also was a graduate of the West Allis-West Milwaukee schools.
The School Board hopes to begin interviewing candidates for interim superintendent on Monday, Aug. 4. The interim superintendent is expected to serve a year while the School Board finds a permanent superintendent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Greenfield police report: May 21, 2015 issue
- Teens charged in burglaries
- West Allis veterans groups, city to honor vets with parade, ceremony
- Greenfield police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- West Allis police report: May 14, 2015 issue
- Students at Wauwatosa's Plank Road School find passion in woodworking
- Developers break ground at The Corners in the town of Brookfield
- West Allis Goodwill moves into a larger store
- Saving doused cell phones by drying them in Redux