David Richlen has resigned from the Greenfield School Board because his family is moving to Franklin.
The family, which is expecting a third child in November, decided that their house in Greenfield is too small, Richlen explained. They want to move to Franklin to be closer to grandparents.
"I enjoyed being on the board," Richlen said Tuesday.
His term expires in April 2013 when an election will be held to fill a new three-year term.
Because the School Board may appoint someone to serve until then, the board is asking for anyone wanting to be considered for appointment to submit a written letter of interest and is strongly encouraged to include a resume with qualifications to Cathy Walsh, School Board Clerk, School District of Greenfield Board of Education and Administration Center, 4850 S. 60th St., Greenfield WI 53220
Applications may be mailed or dropped off no later than 4 p.m. July 16.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis reaches for an aesthetic Summit with home loan program
- News and Notes
- Greenfield and West Allis plan Memorials for the Day
- Cheap I-94 route expensive for West Allis, officials say
- Groundbreaking set for Greenfield Farmers Market
- New Greenfield Farmers Market seeks helping hands
- News & Notes: May 14
- West Allis boy's heroism doesn't erase his sadness
- Police Report: May 13
- West Allis school uses gardens to teach students multiple subjects