The family and friends of Jeffrey Garnier, whose death on a street in West Allis is under investigation as a homicide, have raised $8,000 to bring the total West Allis Crime Stoppers reward for information to $10,000.
The reward increase was announced at a press conference today at the crime scene, 92nd Street and Lincoln Avenue. The sister of the victim, Mary Ann Ostrenga was present.
Surveillance video shows Garnier, 57, of West Allis was approached for four males as he crossed the street about 2:30 a.m. Nov. 20. One of them struck him, causing him to fall to the pavement, police said.
He subsequently died Nov. 25, with an autopsy indicating the cause as blunt force trauma to the head, police said.
Investigators are asking for help from the public to solve the case. Anyone with information should contact the West Allis Police Department at (414) 302-8000. If they wish to remain anonymous and be eligible for the $10,000 reward, they can contact the West Allis Crime Stoppers tipline at (414) 476-CASH (2274).
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Greenfield police report: April 23, 2015 issue
- Trees being felled at Greenfield Park for golf course upgrades and disease prevention
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look (5)
- Uncertainty surrounds Bublr Bikes ride-share in West Allis
- 'Moon Over Buffalo' hits West Allis stage
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 16
- Military honors West Allis businessman
- National Juniore Honor Society off to fast start at West Milwaukee Intermediate School: NJHS off to fast start in first year
- Tornado watch in effect