The West Allis Police and Fire Commission on Tuesday named retired West Allis deputy police chief Patrick "Rick" Balistrieri as the new chief of police to succeed Michael Jungbluth, who retired at the end of 2012.
"The field of candidates was outstanding," Joseph Kempen, commission president, said in a press release announcing the commission's decision.
"And we wish to express our gratitude to all the fine candidates that were a part of this selection process," he said.
Balistrieri retired from the department more than a year ago.
In Jungbluth's absence, Charles Padgett, who had been deputy chief in charge of operations, has been serving as interim police chief. Padgett and Balistrieri were the top two candidates remaining for the job.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Report: March 10
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- News & Notes: March 4
- Next West Allis city head won't have to do it all
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Outcome unchanged in close primary race for West Allis alderman seat
- Skate park rolls ahead in West Allis