The West Allis Police and Fire Commission on Tuesday named retired West Allis deputy police chief Patrick "Rick" Balistrieri as the new chief of police to succeed Michael Jungbluth, who retired at the end of 2012.
"The field of candidates was outstanding," Joseph Kempen, commission president, said in a press release announcing the commission's decision.
"And we wish to express our gratitude to all the fine candidates that were a part of this selection process," he said.
Balistrieri retired from the department more than a year ago.
In Jungbluth's absence, Charles Padgett, who had been deputy chief in charge of operations, has been serving as interim police chief. Padgett and Balistrieri were the top two candidates remaining for the job.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parking ramp rising for Johnson Controls in West Allis
- Contaminated site revitalized for commercial ventures
- Customers struggle with the Nov. 5 store closing
- Inspiration Studios provides artists and actors stages to display talents in West Allis
- Inspiration Studio in downtown West Allis sparks art/theater life
- West Allis police blotter through Sept. 14
- West Allis-West Milwaukee teacher named Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Pawn America, city of West Allis search for answers to neighbors complaints