The West Allis Police and Fire Commission on Tuesday named retired West Allis deputy police chief Patrick "Rick" Balistrieri as the new chief of police to succeed Michael Jungbluth, who retired at the end of 2012.
"The field of candidates was outstanding," Joseph Kempen, commission president, said in a press release announcing the commission's decision.
"And we wish to express our gratitude to all the fine candidates that were a part of this selection process," he said.
Balistrieri retired from the department more than a year ago.
In Jungbluth's absence, Charles Padgett, who had been deputy chief in charge of operations, has been serving as interim police chief. Padgett and Balistrieri were the top two candidates remaining for the job.
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- West Allis taps into tool to help get foreclosed properties fixed up