The West Allis Police and Fire Commission on Tuesday named retired West Allis deputy police chief Patrick "Rick" Balistrieri as the new chief of police to succeed Michael Jungbluth, who retired at the end of 2012.
"The field of candidates was outstanding," Joseph Kempen, commission president, said in a press release announcing the commission's decision.
"And we wish to express our gratitude to all the fine candidates that were a part of this selection process," he said.
Balistrieri retired from the department more than a year ago.
In Jungbluth's absence, Charles Padgett, who had been deputy chief in charge of operations, has been serving as interim police chief. Padgett and Balistrieri were the top two candidates remaining for the job.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Video, traffic guide: Video: How to navigate construction surrounding the 2014 Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis officials concerned over what they say is a lack of code compliance
- Top 10 things to see and do at the Wisconsin State Fair
- Installation of small greeen spaces in West Allis's commerical districts moves forward
- City wants former foundry redeveloped
- In Brief: July 24, 2014 issue