Suspect arrested for bank robbery
West Allis - A 26-year-old man, apparently homeless man in the West Allis area, was taken into custody by police after he allegedly tried to rob the Equitable Bank, 7400 W. Oklahoma Ave, about 10 a.m. Dec. 6.
He presented a note demanding cash, then fled the bank on foot. He was apprehended without incident. No gun was displayed or found, and the cash he obtained during the robbery was recovered.
The case was presented to the Milwaukee County District Attorney's office for possible charges. The man is previously from Tigerton.
DA investigating if Taser caused death
West Allis - The Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office is investigating whether the death of a 46-year-old man was related to having been Tasered by West Allis police the day before.
West Allis police were notified of the man's death about 8:20 a.m. Nov. 29.
At 4 a.m. the day before, he had resisted arrest and a police officer used an electronic control device to get him under control, according to the West Allis police. The man was released 6½ hours later at about 11:30 a.m. to a relative.
He was found dead in a residence near 92nd Street and Schlinger Avenue.
Due to the age of the man and his recent contact with authorities, West Allis police contacted the Milwaukee County District Attorney's Office to inform them of the situation. An autopsy was performed and the investigation is ongoing regarding the cause and manner of death.
Pedestrians hit while crossing street
West Allis - Two people crossing the street in the 7500 block of West Becher Street were hit by a vehicle about 2:25 a.m. Dec. 9.
The vehicle didn't stop and continued east and then possibly south on 75th Street.
One victim was taken to the hospital with apparently nonlife threatening injuries. The other refused medical treatment.
The striking vehicle is described as a black or silver truck, possibly a Ford Ranger or Dodge Dakota, open bed pickup/extended cab SUV. It is believed to be a mid-1990s model with no noticeable damage or rust. Or the vehicle could have been a small pickup truck or larger sedan.
Anyone with information is asked to call the West Allis police at (414) 302-8000.
- Milwaukee man, 37, charged with sexual assault of a child in West Allis (1)
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on