West Allis man wins
$1,500 on game show
West Allis - West Allis native Chris Giblin won $1,500 on the "Let's Make a Deal" television show that aired April 25 on CBS Channel 58.
Dressed as a cuckoo clock, he was chosen from the audience to be a contestant on a show that he has watched and loved since he was a kid. That's when Monty Hall was emcee.
But today's emcee, Emmy Award-winner Wayne Brady, is a wonderful successor, Giblin said.
"He's as much fun if not more so in person," he said.
Giblin and a friend who lives in California went to the Sunset Bronson Studios in Hollywood for the taping in early January.
Aunt Millie's opens
bakery outlet in Greenfield
Greenfield - Aunt Millie's Bread opened a Bakery Outlet store at 5340 W. Loomis Road in Greenfield last week.
The outlet sells store returns of bread, buns and rolls, plus pies, cakes and other baked goods, all at discounted prices. Returns come from Aunt Millie's grocery store distributions in the area.
The store hours are 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. weekdays, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturdays and 10 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Sundays.
With the filing of Chapter 7 bankruptcy of Hostess Brands, Aunt Millie's expanded into Wisconsin in early 2013.
The family-owned Aunt Millie's operates six bakeries in Indiana, Michigan and Ohio and distributing bread and bakery products there and in the Chicago area and in Louisville.
Students rise to top
in business challenge
Greenfield - A Greenfield High School team has been recognized as a consolation winner at the Wisconsin Junior Achievement Business Challenge Championship last week in Sheboygan.
Sixty-five of the best and brightest high school student "CEOs" competed in the annual competition where they took on roles to develop management strategies for a virtual company and product using the JA Titan web-based business simulation. The teams' business strategies included decisions on price, production, marketing, capital investment, along with research and development.
The Greenfield High School team of Annie Chan, Srinidhi Emkay and Touger Vang earned a $100 Kohl's gift card per team member as a prize. The Rice Lake High School team took first place.
- West Allis rechecking pay to ensure market rate compensation, fairness
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned
- Canada geese cleared from Greenfield Park, meat to given to pantries (1)
- Community Calendar: July 14, 2016
- Gourmet grocery store of the world seeks second West Allis location