Openings this week: the US 45 southbound exit ramp right turn to Watertown Plank Road westbound slated to reopen by 5 a.m. Wednesday, July 30
Current projects I-94: eastbound lanes to be closed at Highway 100 overnight Thursday through Saturday, July 31 through Aug. 2;
Current projects Highway 100: northbound will be closed from National to Lincoln avenues overnight Thursday and Friday, July 31 and Aug. 1;
Long-term Highway 100 closures: full closure over I-94 through late 2014
New ramp closures: Zoo interchange southbound traffic ramp to eastbound I-94 to be closed overnight July 31; Zoo interchange ramp for southbound traffic to westbound I-94 to close overnight Friday, Aug. 1; and ramp for northbound traffic exiting eastbound I-94 to close overnight Friday, Aug. 1
Long-term ramp closures: full closure entrance and exit ramps for US 45 at Watertown Plank Road through fall; entrance ramps from Highway 100 to I-94 through fall; exit ramps from I-94 to Highway 100 through late 2014
New street closures: 87th Street to be closed overnight for a short stretch south of Watertown Plank Road Thursday and Friday, July 31 and Aug. 1; 87th Street to be closed northbound just south of Watertown Plank Road starting 6 a.m. Friday, Aug. 1, to continue through Aug. 11
Long-term street closures: a lane will be closed Kearney Street eastbound from 76th to 72nd streets through late August; full closure 101st Streeet from Montana Avenue to Dakota Street through early fall; full closure 89th Street from Watertown Plank Road to south end of parking structure through fall; a lane closed Adler Street eastbound and westbound from 84th to 98th streets through fall; full closure 76th Street over I-94 through fall; a lane stays closed Watertown Plank Road eastbound and westbound from 87th Street to Discovery Parkway through fall; full closure Watertown Plank Road from Swan Boulevard to Discovery Parkway through fall; full closure of Schlinger Avenue under I-894/US 45 through 2017
As of press time, information on new projects from the Wisconsin Department of Transportation was available only through Sunday, Aug. 2. The schedule is weather-dependent.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair
- Proposed medical offices in former Jefferson School painful to some West Allis neighbors
- West Allis considers model pot-bellied pig ordinances (1)
- Lords of the ring: Wrestlers bring the drama at Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis hotel on Greenfield Avenue sets later grand opening
- Wisconsin State Fair bans sale of Confederate flags (4)