After West Allis moved only two weeks ago to revoke the license of the Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., because the ordered repairs and cleanup remained undone after nearly five months, almost everything is now done, city officials said.
Officials have decided to hold of renewing the park's license for two weeks to be sure all of the work was finished.
The city order given in December applying to the overall park was to remove dead trees and brush, remove litter and garbage throughout the park and repair the sanitary sewer system to proper working and code-compliant condition.
Violations were for not removing the remainder of a mobile home that mostly had been razed and for not repairing skirting, installing guardrails, removing improper outdoor storage, removing garbage in yard, repairing broken windows, removing an abandoned vehicle, repairing decks to be code compliant, removing a shed, repairing a damaged fence, repairing a boarded window, repairing a wooden fence and removing branches on a home roof and from gutters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- More polls workers needed for photo ID
- Body cameras for police draw interest; expesne and usefulness are hurdles
- West Allis trying to raise $10,000 on internet for fitness equipment: West Allis raising cash for fitness on Internet
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- West Allis-West Milwaukee schools get $3.1 million grant
- Trash changes may be ahead in West Allis with fines
- Police notes
- Greenfield schools meet or exceed state's academic expectations