After West Allis moved only two weeks ago to revoke the license of the Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., because the ordered repairs and cleanup remained undone after nearly five months, almost everything is now done, city officials said.
Officials have decided to hold of renewing the park's license for two weeks to be sure all of the work was finished.
The city order given in December applying to the overall park was to remove dead trees and brush, remove litter and garbage throughout the park and repair the sanitary sewer system to proper working and code-compliant condition.
Violations were for not removing the remainder of a mobile home that mostly had been razed and for not repairing skirting, installing guardrails, removing improper outdoor storage, removing garbage in yard, repairing broken windows, removing an abandoned vehicle, repairing decks to be code compliant, removing a shed, repairing a damaged fence, repairing a boarded window, repairing a wooden fence and removing branches on a home roof and from gutters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis approves Hampton Inn plans near State Fairgrounds
- West Allis wants outdoor growing plots to take seed
- Video: Lane School back in the hands of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis