After West Allis moved only two weeks ago to revoke the license of the Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., because the ordered repairs and cleanup remained undone after nearly five months, almost everything is now done, city officials said.
Officials have decided to hold of renewing the park's license for two weeks to be sure all of the work was finished.
The city order given in December applying to the overall park was to remove dead trees and brush, remove litter and garbage throughout the park and repair the sanitary sewer system to proper working and code-compliant condition.
Violations were for not removing the remainder of a mobile home that mostly had been razed and for not repairing skirting, installing guardrails, removing improper outdoor storage, removing garbage in yard, repairing broken windows, removing an abandoned vehicle, repairing decks to be code compliant, removing a shed, repairing a damaged fence, repairing a boarded window, repairing a wooden fence and removing branches on a home roof and from gutters.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Speakers split evenly on West Allis proposed sewer lateral program
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season