Damon James Edward Howard, 36, of Milwaukee has been charged with two counts of felony reckless endangerment for allegedly driving an SUV into two pedestrians outside a West Allis bar Saturday.
Howard was charged with two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and three counts of striking an occupied or attended vehicle after he allegedly struck two people with a Ford Explorer outside Danny's Lounge, near 60th and Burnham streets, about 2 a.m. Saturday, West Allis Deputy Chief Charles Padgett said in a news release Thursday. Howard also is accused of striking a vehicle turning north onto 60th Street.
Two people were taken to Aurora West Allis and Froedtert hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, Padgett said.
Police arrested a second man in connection with the hit and run; however, no charges have been filed.
Shots were reportedly fired at the fleeing SUV, and one man was arrested and a firearm was confiscated. Padgett said the investigation regarding the shooting is still under way. Shots were fired from the area of the 6100 block of West Burnham Street.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Parking ramp rising for Johnson Controls in West Allis
- Contaminated site revitalized for commercial ventures
- Customers struggle with the Nov. 5 store closing
- Inspiration Studios provides artists and actors stages to display talents in West Allis
- Inspiration Studio in downtown West Allis sparks art/theater life
- West Allis police blotter through Sept. 14
- West Allis-West Milwaukee teacher named Elementary Teacher of the Year
- Pawn America, city of West Allis search for answers to neighbors complaints