Damon James Edward Howard, 36, of Milwaukee has been charged with two counts of felony reckless endangerment for allegedly driving an SUV into two pedestrians outside a West Allis bar Saturday.
Howard was charged with two counts of first-degree recklessly endangering safety and three counts of striking an occupied or attended vehicle after he allegedly struck two people with a Ford Explorer outside Danny's Lounge, near 60th and Burnham streets, about 2 a.m. Saturday, West Allis Deputy Chief Charles Padgett said in a news release Thursday. Howard also is accused of striking a vehicle turning north onto 60th Street.
Two people were taken to Aurora West Allis and Froedtert hospitals for treatment of non-life-threatening injuries, Padgett said.
Police arrested a second man in connection with the hit and run; however, no charges have been filed.
Shots were reportedly fired at the fleeing SUV, and one man was arrested and a firearm was confiscated. Padgett said the investigation regarding the shooting is still under way. Shots were fired from the area of the 6100 block of West Burnham Street.
- West Allis sixth-grader in top 27 in nation in science competition
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink (2)
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016