West Allis has started proceedings to revoke the license for Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., with 45 mobile homes because repairs and the cleanup ordered in December are still not done, officials said.
The Common Council License and Health Committee decided Tuesday to start the process after park operator Thaddues Derynda did not come in to discuss the list of deficiencies he was supposed to fix.
Derynda was pursuing a license for the park to operate when the committee told he to improve the park. He failed to appear before the committee about the alleged problems.
The revocation procedure will involve a formal hearing, and a date has not been set.
For the last three years, ordered repairs have not been done on time at the mobile home park, Atkinson said. The park operated with no current license for the years 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13 while the city worked with Derynda on the list of deficiencies for those years, Ted Atkinson, director of building inspection, said. Derynda has missed several other meetings during that time, Atkinson said. The wrangle even involved taking Derynda to municipal court.
All the problems pinpointed in those previous years are now fixed and the licenses were approved for all three years, Atkinson said. The mobile home park has applied for a license for 2013-14 and a new inspection was conducted resulting in a new list of problems. That list was given to Derynda in December, Atkinson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Accident causes two lanes of I-894/US 45 to close
- Jefferson Elementary School, West Allis, awarded pair of grants
- West Allis to celebrate Independence Day with parade, fireworks
- Painting exhibition to open at Inspiration Studios, West Allis
- West Allis to start pilot program accepting electronics, TVs
- West Allis police report: June 18, 2015 issue
- West Allis painting 'shabby' railroad bridge over Greenfield Avenue
- Original one-act plays to take the stage this weekend in West Allis
- Behavioral network recognizes 16 West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- West Allis police report: June 11, 2015 issue