West Allis has started proceedings to revoke the license for Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., with 45 mobile homes because repairs and the cleanup ordered in December are still not done, officials said.
The Common Council License and Health Committee decided Tuesday to start the process after park operator Thaddues Derynda did not come in to discuss the list of deficiencies he was supposed to fix.
Derynda was pursuing a license for the park to operate when the committee told he to improve the park. He failed to appear before the committee about the alleged problems.
The revocation procedure will involve a formal hearing, and a date has not been set.
For the last three years, ordered repairs have not been done on time at the mobile home park, Atkinson said. The park operated with no current license for the years 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13 while the city worked with Derynda on the list of deficiencies for those years, Ted Atkinson, director of building inspection, said. Derynda has missed several other meetings during that time, Atkinson said. The wrangle even involved taking Derynda to municipal court.
All the problems pinpointed in those previous years are now fixed and the licenses were approved for all three years, Atkinson said. The mobile home park has applied for a license for 2013-14 and a new inspection was conducted resulting in a new list of problems. That list was given to Derynda in December, Atkinson said.
- Race for Wisconsin's 6th District Senate seat heats up
- It's 'Curtains' for West Allis Players presenting murder and music
- Nathan Hale High School tuneful summer musical set at high school
- West Allis Police blotter: July 21
- In brief, July 7: Gun control, gourmet store, home for the poor
- West Allis bans e-cigarette smoking where tobacco smoking is banned
- Canada geese cleared from Greenfield Park, meat to given to pantries (1)
- Community Calendar: July 14, 2016
- Gourmet grocery store of the world seeks second West Allis location
- West Allis Police blotter: July 14, 2016