West Allis has started proceedings to revoke the license for Mobile Estates Mobile Home Park, 10401 W. Greenfield Ave., with 45 mobile homes because repairs and the cleanup ordered in December are still not done, officials said.
The Common Council License and Health Committee decided Tuesday to start the process after park operator Thaddues Derynda did not come in to discuss the list of deficiencies he was supposed to fix.
Derynda was pursuing a license for the park to operate when the committee told he to improve the park. He failed to appear before the committee about the alleged problems.
The revocation procedure will involve a formal hearing, and a date has not been set.
For the last three years, ordered repairs have not been done on time at the mobile home park, Atkinson said. The park operated with no current license for the years 2010-11, 2011-12 and 2012-13 while the city worked with Derynda on the list of deficiencies for those years, Ted Atkinson, director of building inspection, said. Derynda has missed several other meetings during that time, Atkinson said. The wrangle even involved taking Derynda to municipal court.
All the problems pinpointed in those previous years are now fixed and the licenses were approved for all three years, Atkinson said. The mobile home park has applied for a license for 2013-14 and a new inspection was conducted resulting in a new list of problems. That list was given to Derynda in December, Atkinson said.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Oscar's in West Allis sports new look (5)
- Uncertainty surrounds Bublr Bikes ride-share in West Allis
- 'Moon Over Buffalo' hits West Allis stage
- Wauwatosa Weekly Planner: April 16
- Military honors West Allis businessman
- National Juniore Honor Society off to fast start at West Milwaukee Intermediate School: NJHS off to fast start in first year
- Tornado watch in effect
- Newcomers make strong showing in West Allis-West Milwaukee race
- West Allis School Board veteran loses board race
- West Allis police report: April 9, 2015 issue