The Greenfield Public Library is a polling place and will be closed to regular library patrons on Nov. 6, election day, because so many people are expected to come to the library to vote in the presidential, senatorial and local races.
The library will be closed to all but voters because it cannot guarantee safe and convenient parking and easy entrance into the building for library patrons, said library director Sheila O'Brien.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- IRS scam returns to West Allis, police warn
- West Allis police report
- Speakers say new fees would endanger Scouting, hamper PTAs and others
- West Allis-West Milwaukee approves tax decrease preliminary budget
- West Allis prepares for Settlers Days weekend
- Hartland girl wins big at the Governor's livestock auction at Wisconsin State Fair
- Proposed medical offices in former Jefferson School painful to some West Allis neighbors
- West Allis considers model pot-bellied pig ordinances (1)
- Lords of the ring: Wrestlers bring the drama at Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis hotel on Greenfield Avenue sets later grand opening