The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis approves Hampton Inn plans near State Fairgrounds
- West Allis wants outdoor growing plots to take seed
- Video: Lane School back in the hands of West Allis-West Milwaukee School District
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis