The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- News & Notes: March 4
- Next West Allis city head won't have to do it all
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Outcome unchanged in close primary race for West Allis alderman seat
- Skate park rolls ahead in West Allis
- West Allis considers new mandatory trash carts