The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
- 36 West Allis Dine and Dash teams raise $975 for area food pantry
- West Allis A La Carte to offer Sunday afternoon of fun, food, music
- West Allis Police blotter: June 2, 2016
- New West Allis elementary math program to give deeper understanding
- Milwaukee man, 37, charged with sexual assault of a child in West Allis (1)
- The drive is on to improve Greenfield, West Allis roadways
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job