The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- West Allis taps into tool to help get foreclosed properties fixed up