The Greenfield Public Library will be closed Feb. 3, Super Bowl Sunday, a day when it is nearly deserted every year.
The Library Board approved the closure in November as part of its 2013 calendar approval.
As a side benefit, being closed on Super Bowl Sunday will enable the staff to enjoy Super Bowl parties and get-togethers, said Sheila O'Brien, director of the library, at 5310 W. Layton Ave.
The library's automated exterior book drop/check-in services and the web page will continue to be available.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Police Notes: June 18
- News & Notes: June 18
- West Allis man finds the right prescription for life
- West Allis health commissioner honored for her healthy approach
- Mequon-Thiensville projects 1.01 percent levy increase
- Investors for long-sought West Allis hotel finally can check in
- Police Report: June 18
- News & Notes: June 13
- Proposed apartments gain ground in West Allis debate
- West Allis homes take a hit in market value