Thanks to the thousands of people who visited Candy Cane Lane this year, more than $85,000 was raised to support the MACC Fund (Midwest Athletes Against Childhood Cancer Inc.).
The MACC Fund, which is leading the fight against childhood cancer and related blood disorders, supports research in the MACC Fund Research Center of the Medical College of Wisconsin, in the MACC Fund Childhood Cancer Research Wing of the University of Wisconsin Carbone Cancer Center and in the MACC Fund Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at Children's Hospital of Wisconsin.
The MACC Fund has contributed $48 million to research since its inception in 1976, playing an important role in helping to raise the overall cure rate for childhood cancer from 20 percent to 80 percent during this time.
Mark your 2014 calendar for the next Candy Cane Lane, which will enter its 29th year. You won't want to miss the fabulous displays of lights, sights and sounds that the neighbors in Candy Cane Lane put up every year. Candy Cane Lane will open the Friday after Thanksgiving.
For more information, please visit the website at www.candycanelanewi.com.
MACC Fund office manager
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis city no-tax-increase budget wins common council approval
- Full advisory committee endorses West Allis high school boundary plan
- Christmas deadline nears for Holiday Helper donations in West Allis
- Video: A sneak peek of the new Hampton Inn West in West Allis
- Plans for National Avenue upgrade in West Allis ready for public input (1)
- West Allis girl, 10, receives national lifesaving award Monday
- Steering committee recommends West Allis high school boundary plan (4)
- 169 smoke alarms installed in high-risk West Allis neighborhood (2)
- Hay wagon collects ton of love for needy West Allis families Saturday (1)
- No-tax-increase proposed West Allis budget for 2016 going to a vote