A ceremonial groundbreaking will be held for the Greenfield Farmers Market at 4:30 p.m. May 23 in Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., where the market will be held.
Actually, the groundbreaking will not be for any structure, but for the path that will be created to lead to the market. Because the path also will serve the Dan Jansen Family Fun Fest, the festival board has been part of the celebration planning.
Path construction is to begin immediately after Jansen Fest on Memorial Day weekend, May 24 to 26, at Konkel Park. Weather and construction permitting the path should be ready for the market's opening day, June 23..
The Greenfield Farmers Market will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 27 offering a variety of products including fresh produce,
salsas and sauces, natural soaps, dressings, bakery and baked goods.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Luther Memorial Church in West Alis to hold spaghetti dinner
- Update: West Allis Central High School students respond calmly during bomb-threat evacuation (11)
- Data skimmers found on several ATMs in West Allis, police warn (2)
- West Allis police blotter: Feb. 4
- West Allis schools to leave SAGE, open more seats for nonresidents
- West Allis schools to start trek back to neighborhood schools in fall (8)
- Freeway lanes in West Allis closed
- Community Calendar: Jan. 28, 2016
- West Allis police report: Jan. 28, 2016
- Video: Third Sandwich-a-Thon in West Allis turns out 400 sandwiches for homeless shelter