A ceremonial groundbreaking will be held for the Greenfield Farmers Market at 4:30 p.m. May 23 in Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., where the market will be held.
Actually, the groundbreaking will not be for any structure, but for the path that will be created to lead to the market. Because the path also will serve the Dan Jansen Family Fun Fest, the festival board has been part of the celebration planning.
Path construction is to begin immediately after Jansen Fest on Memorial Day weekend, May 24 to 26, at Konkel Park. Weather and construction permitting the path should be ready for the market's opening day, June 23..
The Greenfield Farmers Market will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 27 offering a variety of products including fresh produce,
salsas and sauces, natural soaps, dressings, bakery and baked goods.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- How 205 immigrants became citizens at the State Fair Park last week
- News & Notes: Nov. 27, 2014
- Crowdfunding a sucess for West Allis outdoor fitness stations
- Rebecca Grill, city of Milwaukee deputy city clerk, was approved as the new West Allis city administ
- Christmas festivities abound throughout the area
- Candy Cane Lane will again be a fantasy of holiday lights from Nov. 28 to Dec. 26.
- West Allis, Greenfield question need to widen Highway 100
- West Allis Central shows support for classmate who had food allergy reaction
- Greenfield police report: Nov. 20, 2014 issue
- Hearings next week on I-94 ramps deemed critical to West Allis