A ceremonial groundbreaking will be held for the Greenfield Farmers Market at 4:30 p.m. May 23 in Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., where the market will be held.
Actually, the groundbreaking will not be for any structure, but for the path that will be created to lead to the market. Because the path also will serve the Dan Jansen Family Fun Fest, the festival board has been part of the celebration planning.
Path construction is to begin immediately after Jansen Fest on Memorial Day weekend, May 24 to 26, at Konkel Park. Weather and construction permitting the path should be ready for the market's opening day, June 23..
The Greenfield Farmers Market will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 27 offering a variety of products including fresh produce,
salsas and sauces, natural soaps, dressings, bakery and baked goods.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis considers BikeShare program
- West Allis finds parking solution for businesses along detour
- News & Notes: March 4
- Next West Allis city head won't have to do it all
- Some extra 'Grease' skids onto West Allis and Greenfield stages
- Police Report: March 3
- News & Notes: Feb. 25
- Outcome unchanged in close primary race for West Allis alderman seat
- Skate park rolls ahead in West Allis
- West Allis considers new mandatory trash carts