A ceremonial groundbreaking will be held for the Greenfield Farmers Market at 4:30 p.m. May 23 in Konkel Park, 5151 W. Layton Ave., where the market will be held.
Actually, the groundbreaking will not be for any structure, but for the path that will be created to lead to the market. Because the path also will serve the Dan Jansen Family Fun Fest, the festival board has been part of the celebration planning.
Path construction is to begin immediately after Jansen Fest on Memorial Day weekend, May 24 to 26, at Konkel Park. Weather and construction permitting the path should be ready for the market's opening day, June 23..
The Greenfield Farmers Market will be open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Sundays through Oct. 27 offering a variety of products including fresh produce,
salsas and sauces, natural soaps, dressings, bakery and baked goods.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- West Allis-West Milwaukee WKCE scores below state average
- Police Report: April 15
- A West Allis initiative wants to spark neighborhood improvements for residents and businesses
- Rats sightings in West Allis rapidly crawling upward
- Outcome of West Allis aldermanic race may be determined by absentee votes
- Longtime incumbent Greenfield alderman upset in race
- West Allis aldermanic race razor thin
- Greenfield troupe invited to theater festival in Scotland
- More gas line replacement in West Allis