The Greenfield High School Drama group has been chosen to perform at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2015.
The school received three nominations after last fall's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."
Once nominated by a state, regional or national theater association, the director fills out application paperwork and submits up to 10 pages of supporting materials to a board of advisers. The board ranks the applications based on most recent bodies of work, honors and awards, technical ability, community involvement, philosophies, recommendations and overall dramatic excellence.
Top-ranking applicants are invited to perform in the festival.
Now comes the difficult work of raising more than $6,000 per student for the trip.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Speakers split evenly on West Allis proposed sewer lateral program
- Where is West Allis education headed?
- West Allis to start process to approve new city administrator
- West Allis residents may voice opinions on self-funded sewer lateral 'insurance'
- Studio players bring Jekyll and Hyde to life
- Pawn America in West Allis retains license to operate
- West Allis Police Report: Oct. 9, 2014
- Interactive: Some West Allis schools fell in their state report cards
- Exhibit at West Allis art and performance studio reflects scary season