The Greenfield High School Drama group has been chosen to perform at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2015.
The school received three nominations after last fall's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."
Once nominated by a state, regional or national theater association, the director fills out application paperwork and submits up to 10 pages of supporting materials to a board of advisers. The board ranks the applications based on most recent bodies of work, honors and awards, technical ability, community involvement, philosophies, recommendations and overall dramatic excellence.
Top-ranking applicants are invited to perform in the festival.
Now comes the difficult work of raising more than $6,000 per student for the trip.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Body cameras for police draw interest; expesne and usefulness are hurdles
- West Allis trying to raise $10,000 on internet for fitness equipment: West Allis raising cash for fitness on Internet
- Enter Halloween contest to win tickets to Legends & Lore
- West Allis-West Milwaukee schools get $3.1 million grant
- Trash changes may be ahead in West Allis with fines
- Police notes
- Greenfield schools meet or exceed state's academic expectations
- Financing nailed down for hotel/banquet facility in West Allis