The Greenfield High School Drama group has been chosen to perform at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2015.
The school received three nominations after last fall's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."
Once nominated by a state, regional or national theater association, the director fills out application paperwork and submits up to 10 pages of supporting materials to a board of advisers. The board ranks the applications based on most recent bodies of work, honors and awards, technical ability, community involvement, philosophies, recommendations and overall dramatic excellence.
Top-ranking applicants are invited to perform in the festival.
Now comes the difficult work of raising more than $6,000 per student for the trip.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Enhancement ideas sought for a main West Allis roadway
- West Allis Central High School trying to shed bad rap
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School Board president condemns assignment (4)
- Lottery won't be used to pick Nathan Hale High School freshmen
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 26, 2015 issue
- West Allis man arrested on seventh drunken driving charge
- Two suburban superintendents in top 3 for West Allis-West Milwaukee
- Greenfield police report: Feb. 19, 2015 issue
- I-94 plan that decreases freeway access disappoints West Allis officials
- Enrollment surge in 4K creates need for more West Allis-West Milwaukee classrooms