The Greenfield High School Drama group has been chosen to perform at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2015.
The school received three nominations after last fall's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."
Once nominated by a state, regional or national theater association, the director fills out application paperwork and submits up to 10 pages of supporting materials to a board of advisers. The board ranks the applications based on most recent bodies of work, honors and awards, technical ability, community involvement, philosophies, recommendations and overall dramatic excellence.
Top-ranking applicants are invited to perform in the festival.
Now comes the difficult work of raising more than $6,000 per student for the trip.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Improvement ideas unveiled
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 21, 2014 issue
- West Allis Police Report: Aug. 14, 2014 issue
- Money to be stashed for school building projects
- Sidewalk pedlets debated
- New fund may improve parks and facilities in West Allis
- Construction of Zoo Interchange continues
- Paul Strobel appointed interim superintendent
- West Allis-West Milwaukee School District searches for interim superintendent