The Greenfield High School Drama group has been chosen to perform at the American High School Theatre Festival in Edinburgh, Scotland, in 2015.
The school received three nominations after last fall's production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat."
Once nominated by a state, regional or national theater association, the director fills out application paperwork and submits up to 10 pages of supporting materials to a board of advisers. The board ranks the applications based on most recent bodies of work, honors and awards, technical ability, community involvement, philosophies, recommendations and overall dramatic excellence.
Top-ranking applicants are invited to perform in the festival.
Now comes the difficult work of raising more than $6,000 per student for the trip.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Wachholz retires as superintendent of West Allis-West Milwaukee schools
- Video, traffic guide: Video: How to navigate construction surrounding the 2014 Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis officials concerned over what they say is a lack of code compliance
- Top 10 things to see and do at the Wisconsin State Fair
- West Allis police report: July 31
- Installation of small greeen spaces in West Allis's commerical districts moves forward
- City wants former foundry redeveloped