A farmers market will definitely open June 23 at Konkel Park, the Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee trying to establish the market has announced after being overwhelmed with responses from its online community interest survey.
Based on feedback from both the community and the potential vendors, the committee was able to settle on a location in Konkel Park, 53rd Street and Layton Avenue, and a season that will run Sundays from June 23 through the last weekend in October. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A meeting will be scheduled in May for those who have expressed interest in participating on the committee or in volunteering.
The committee is still working on signing up sellers for the market. Still needed are produce vendors, a coffee vendor and a baked-goods vendor.
More information about vending at the market is available on the Farmers Market website, www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket, where a vendor interest form can be downloaded. Applications and supplemental documents will be available soon.
The Farmers Market website is in development and will be updated throughout the market season.
Your link to the biggest stories in the suburbs delivered Thursday mornings.
Enter your e-mail address above and click "Sign Up Now!" to begin receiving your e-mail newsletter Get the Newsletter!
- Energy job cut from tax budget
- West Allis opens arms to long-awaited skate park
- Draft report admits economic harm to West Allis of likely ramp closure (2)
- West Allis woman cares for abandoned dogs; fundraiser on Nov. 22
- News & Notes: Nov. 13, 2014 issue
- Toppers pizza in West Allis tops off governor's election night party
- 'Cinderella' works some magic on West Allis Central stage
- Community Calendar: Nov. 13. 2014
- West Allis refuses to allow drinking on bar decks too close to residences