A farmers market will definitely open June 23 at Konkel Park, the Greenfield Farmers Market Planning Committee trying to establish the market has announced after being overwhelmed with responses from its online community interest survey.
Based on feedback from both the community and the potential vendors, the committee was able to settle on a location in Konkel Park, 53rd Street and Layton Avenue, and a season that will run Sundays from June 23 through the last weekend in October. The hours will be 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
A meeting will be scheduled in May for those who have expressed interest in participating on the committee or in volunteering.
The committee is still working on signing up sellers for the market. Still needed are produce vendors, a coffee vendor and a baked-goods vendor.
More information about vending at the market is available on the Farmers Market website, www.greenfieldwi.us/farmersmarket, where a vendor interest form can be downloaded. Applications and supplemental documents will be available soon.
The Farmers Market website is in development and will be updated throughout the market season.
- West Allis and Wangard Partners recognized for the clean up and redevelopment of an induistrial site
- In Bief: Free meals, fire, mural, fatal, FBI, brewery
- Parade to be biggest part of July 4 celebration in West Allis
- Preliminary West Allis school budget wipes out $4.2 million in red ink (2)
- 'Thinking art' to make for powerful exhibit in West Allis
- Things to do: Concerts, fests, beer garden
- Bicycle ride share proposal could be rolling soon in West Allis
- More decorative bike racks could add panache to West Allis locales
- West Allis Police blotter: June 30, 2016
- West Allis taps into tool to help get foreclosed properties fixed up