West Allis Mayor Dan Devine announced Tuesday night that the Greenfield Avenue bridge will close Jan. 21.
Peter Daniels, West Allis senior roads engineer, confirmed that, saying there could be a delay until Jan. 22. The closing date had previously been Feb. 1. The bridge which spans Interstate 894 will be torn down and a new one built to accommodate a wider freeway underneath.
The crucial bridge is still scheduled to reopen by July 18, Daniels said.
Greenfield Avenue will be closed to through traffic from 106th to 96th streets, Devine said. But access to businesses will be maintained, he said.
- West Allis to salute veterans with parade, memorial ceremony
- Body in parking lot identified as West Milwaukee man, 23
- Transgender issue sparks questions among Whitnall, West Allis and Greenfield school officials
- Man steals vehicle from business, returns to apply for job
- Greenfield and West Allis campus news: May 26
- Death investigation after body of a man is found in West Milwaukee
- West Allis Police blotter: May 26, 2016
- Splash into these summer drinks to get your tan on
- Video: Summer fun in suburban Milwaukee
- Things to do: May 19, 2016